Herr Bachmann ist nicht mehr an der UDE beschäftigt. Für Studienbucheinträge oder ähnliche Angelegenheiten wenden Sie sich bitte an Frau Dr. Nuria Hernandez.
Lecturer of Technical English, Hoschule Ruhr West (University of Applied Sciences)
Research assistant and lecturer in the Department of Anglophone Studies, University of Duisburg-Essen (under Prof. Dr. Claudia Claridge)
Internship: "Project Management E-Learning" at reflact AG, Oberhausen
M.A. Degree in English, German linguistics and economics, University of Duisburg-Essen
Thesis: "Civil Partnership in the UK: A Corpus-Based Analysis"
Student assistant in the Department of Anglophone Studies, University of Duisburg-Essen
English studies at the University of Sunderland, England
Begin course of studies in English, German linguistics and economics at the University of Duisburg-Essen
Initial course of studies in economic sciences at the University of Duisburg
Graduation from Kopernikus-Gymasium Walsum, Duisburg
Ingo's major interests of research are corpus linguistics, grammatical variation, language change and language & sexual identity. In his research he focusses on pseudo-coordinative and-constructions (go-and-V, sit-and-V, etc.) and the discursive construction of gay and lesbian relationships (in parliamentary debates, newspapers and relationship guides).
"Has go-V ousted go-and-V? A study of the diachronic development of both constructions in American English." In: Hasselgård, Hilde, Jarle Ebeling and Signe Oksefjell Ebeling (eds), Corpus Perspectives on Patterns of Lexis (2013). John Benjamins: Amsterdam/Philadelphia, 91-112.
- "Civil partnership - 'Gay marriage in all but name': A corpus-driven analysis of discourses of same-sex relationships in the UK Parliament." Corpora 6/1 (2011), 77-105.[http://www.euppublishing.com/doi/abs/10.3366/cor.2011.0005]
- "Employing corpus linguistic tools in studying the construction of same-sex relationships in the British Press." Invited colloquium "The Use of Corpora in Studying Social Issues" at 47th BAAL Conference (British Association for Applied Linguistics), University of Warwick, UK, 4th to 6th September 2014.
- "The pragmatics of the go-V and go-and-V constructions in spoken British and American English." The Fourth International Conference on the Linguistics of Contemporary English (ICLCE 4), University of Osnabrück, Germany, 19th to 23rd July 2011.
- "How do we learn what a successful gay and lesbian relationship is (and needs)? - The discursive construction of gay and lesbian relationships in dating and relationship guides." 6th Corpus Linguistics Conference. University of Birmingham, UK, 20th to 22th July 2011.
- "Did go-V oust go-and-V? A study of the diachronic development of both constructions in American English." ICAME 32. University of Oslo, Norway, 1st to 5th June 2011.
- "Heteronormativity at work?! Analysing the debates on civil partnership in the UK Parliament." 38th Österreichische Linguistiktagung (ÖLT)/Workshop: Queer Linguistics - Between Theory and Applicability. University of Graz, Austria, 24th to 26th October 2010.
- "Civil partnership in the press: A corpus-based critical analysis." 3rd Critical Approaches to Discourse Analysis Across Disciplines Conference (CADAAD). University of Lodz, Poland, 13th to 15th September 2010.
- "Sit-Ving vs. sit-and-V: Determinants of variation in the verbal complement of sit." ICAME 31. University of Giessen, Germany, 26th to 30th May 2010.
- "Civil partnership - Gay marriage in all but name!? Uncovering discourses of same-sex relationships." 5th Corpus Linguistics Conference. University of Liverpool, UK, 21st to 23rd July 2009.
- "Determinants of variation in the verbal complement of go." The Third International Conference on the Linguistics of Contemporary English (ICLCE 3). University of London, UK, 14th to 17th July 2009.
- "Go-and-V vs. go-V vs. go-to-V: (Problematising) determinants of variation" Guest lecture at Uppsala Universitet, Sweden, 27th February 2012. (ERASMUS scholarship)
- "Homosexuelle Identität(en) und Sprache." Im Rahmen der SchwuBiLe-Reihe "Homosexualität und ...". Universität Duisburg-Essen, 9th May 2011.
- Introduction to Corpus Linguistics
- Grammar of Spoken English
- Coordination, Subordination and Related Phenomena
- English Syntax
- Grammatical Variation
- British English vs American English Grammar
- Changing American English
- American English
- Exploring English Grammar - An Introduction to Functional Grammar
- English Word Formation
- Approaches to Language Change
- Cognitive Linguistics
- Language and Sexuality
- "That's So Gay!" - Queer Explorations in Language and Linguistics
- The Language of Politics
- Views of Linguistic Correctness
- American English Television Dialogues
- Language and the Internet
- Linguistics Meets Literature - Doing Stylistics
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Foundation Course (Language course)