Qualitative Research Methods for the Social Sciences
The students taking this course get to know to conduct social science research basically and qualitative research specifically in the field of HRM (Human Resources Management) and organisations.
The main purpose of the course is giving the essential knowledge about the research process in social sciences from identifying the problem, formulating research questions, choosing the right methodology according the research problem and questions, doing literature review, collecting and analysing qualitative data and writing the results.
This course is intended for master students planning to conduct qualitative research. It gives the basic knowledge about the research process in social sciences, identifies the steps of the social research and helps to write a good qualitative research proposal.
1. Introduction to social science research- why qualitative research?
2. Doing Effective Literature Review
3. Constituting a research design, formulating research questions
4. Writing a Research Proposal
5. Collecting Qualitative Data (Interview, Focus Group, Ethnography, ..)
6. Analysing Qualitative Data
7. Research Ethics and Quality in Qualitative Research
* Vorlesung Unternehmensführung am 26.11.2019 - Beitrag zur Public Climate School
Lehrstuhl für BWL, insb.
Arbeit, Personal und Organisation
0201 / 183-2260
0201 / 183-2283