Compulsory masks at the UDE
Mandatory masksWhich mouth-nose protection must be worn and when?
Regulations for staff members
When entering the buildings and moving around in common areas (including corridors, stairwells, tea kitchens), a medical mouth/nose protection (surgical mask) must be worn. In addition, it is to be used at the workplace in the following cases and can be obtained from the central store of the technical building management:
- if the minimum distance of 1.50 m cannot be maintained between persons who are not vaccinated or recovered ("2G rule"),
- if increased aerosol emission is to be expected during activities,
- when holding large teaching events and examinations in presence, if the prescribed minimum distance cannot be maintained. (The exact regulations can be found in the current measures concept for examinations).
The mouth-nose protection must be removed
- when persons are alone in their workroom or office,
- when the minimum distance is observed,when all persons have been vaccinated, recovered or tested ("3G rule").
Rule for students
A medical mouth-nose protection (surgical mask) must be worn at all times when in the buildings and also in queues outside buildings. (This does not apply at the seat during smaller examinations if the minimum distance is observed. The exact regulations can be found in the current measures concept for examinations).
Regulation for teachers
In deviation from the rule for students, instructors may remove the mask if they maintain a minimum distance of 1.50 m from the auditorium or behind protective screens.