Coronavirus: Information for Students
Remote teaching and learning Summer Semester 2021
At UDE, a hybrid semester with largely distant formats is underway. The rule is: as little presence as possible - and only as much presence on site as absolutely necessary.
According to the currently valid legal regulations and the general decree of the Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Affairs of North Rhine-Westphalia, it is again possible to hold teaching events in attendance to a limited extent. However, even with falling incidence rates and rising vaccination numbers, an appropriate balance must continue to be struck between the necessity of on-site teaching events and the existing risks.
At the UDE, the current summer semester - in agreement between the rectorate and the deans of the faculties - will essentially be continued as planned as a "hybrid semester". (The already existing, separate concepts for practical courses remain unaffected by this).
- Action plan for conducting face-to-face classes (14.6.2021)
- In view of the upcoming examination period, the Rectorate asks instructors to make use of the possibility of face-to-face examinations only after careful consideration and not to change planned distant formats.
Maßnahmenkonzept zur Durchführung von Präsenzprüfungen (15.6.2021)
- Specific conditions apply to state examination programs: Please refer to the instructions on the corresponding website of the Medical School. https://uk-essen.cloud.opencampus.net/
- The health protection of our employees and students is very important to us!
- Therefore, thorough cleaning and disinfection takes place between all room uses, including during the face-to-face exams that take place, to further increase safety for everyone present. In addition, the exam rooms are aired for one hour after each use. Please adhere to the measures of the Merkblatts für Studierende für die Durchführung von Präsenzprüfungen to protect yourselve and all those present as best as possible.
- For more detailed information on the free trial regulations, please read the Ordnung zur Umsetzung der Corona-Epidemie-Hochschulverordnung (CEHVO).
- Submission of bachelor's and master's theses
Information on submitting Bachelor's/Master's theses can be found on the pages of the Examination Office: https://www.uni-due.de/verwaltung/pruefungswesen/aktuelles.php
In particular, we will continue to focus on students who take on care tasks for underage children and relatives in need of care, as well as students who are pregnant, students with disabilities, and students with chronic or mental impairments. Individual compensations for disadvantages are intended to prevent these students from being disadvantaged in their special situation, who are often faced with special challenges due to the effects of the corona pandemic, when providing study and examination services. In principle, compensation for disadvantages is granted by the respective examination board and should be addressed to them accordingly. Due to the special current situation, all university offices are called upon and endeavour to find solutions for individual concerns as quickly and with as little bureaucracy as possible. First of all, talk to your lecturer to see if there are any helpful regulations. Alternatively, or in the event of no success, you can contact the Dean of Studies.
The following offices offer further advice and information:
Counselling centre for inclusion in case of disability and chronic illness: https://www.uni-due.de/inklusionsportal/index.php
Information portal family-friendly university: https://www.uni-due.de/familiengerechte-hochschule/studierende.php
Equal Opportunities Officer: https://www.uni-due.de/gleichstellung/
Central ombuds office for students: https://www.uni-due.de/de/studium/ombudsstelle/
Staff unit for occupational safety, health & environmental protection: https://www.uni-due.de/verwaltung/arbeitssicherheit/
General information about studies and maternity leave: https://www.uni-due.de/studierendensekretariat/studium_und_mutterschutz.php
ASTA Social Policy Unit: https://www.asta-due.de/willkommen/referate/referat-fuer-sozialpolitik/
ASTA department of students with disabilities and chronic diseases: https://www.asta-due.de/willkommen/autonome-referate/bcks/
Opening and consultation hours of central areas and facilities
- University Library
- Audit department
- Registration/registration area
- International Office
- Academic Advisory Centre
- Centre for teacher training (accessibility)
General student committee
- Until further notice, the Servicepoint can only be reached by e-mail or telephone. The service times can be found at https://www.asta-due.de/service/servicepoint/.
The following services are provided completely for an indefinite period:
Preparation of certified copies
Allocation of AStA meeting rooms to student initiatives
Personal acceptance of documents of any kind. Applications for ticket refunds or for the hardship committee, as well as internal documents of the student self-administration are until further notice only possible by mail or fax.
As no events are allowed to take place, the lost property office is also closed.
- The social counselling of the AStA continues by telephone. You can find the office hours at https://www.asta-due.de/beratung/sozialberatung.
A reader with the most important questions can also be found at https://www.uni-due.de/de/beratungsverzeichnis/sozialberatung.php.
- In North Rhine-Westphalia, the extended standard period of study is to be accompanied by an increase in the maximum eligibility period for BAföG funding. Since the standard period of study is officially extended by one semester, students are also to receive BAföG for an additional semester.
- The Federal Minister of Education has promised that BAföG grants will continue to be paid even during the closures caused by the COVID 19 pandemic. The precautionary measures will not put BAföG recipients at a disadvantage. The BMBF has made this clear in a decree to the BAföG offices.
Further information is available at https://www.bafög.de/keine-nachteile-beim-bafoeg-wegen-corona-756.php.
- The BAföG entitlement remains even in the case of commitment against corona pandemic, so that additional earnings are worthwhile. Anyone who is involved in the fight against the current corona pandemic in the health care system, in social institutions or in agriculture will only receive additional income for the time of their work. A corresponding amendment to the law has been adopted. If, for example, students with medical knowledge get involved in the health care system, this is a valuable contribution to overcoming the pandemic crisis.