Costs & Fees

For your studies Fees

There are no tuition fees at University of Duisburg-Essen - this applies for international students as well. All students are, however, subject to a student body and social contribution fee (Sozial- und Studierendenschaftsbeitrag). The social contribution is used to finance the semesterticket, the student welfare contribution for the student service and the student self-administration. All students have to pay the social contribution.

During your studies Cost of living

All students must be covered by a compulsory health insurance. There are however certain circumstances in which you must be privately insured.

First contact The International Office

The International Office is the central service office for international contacts at the University of Duisburg-Essen. The team of the International Office counsels UDE students who are interested in studying abroad or who are looking for international scholarships.

Read more

Costs and Finance

All information about costs of studying and living, UDE scholarchips and external scholarships:

Working during your studies Gainful employment

If you want to work during you studies you will have to pay attention to several regulations. Please find further information on the DAAD website.

What do you have to take note of when working whilst studying? Information on gainful employment