Overview: Qualification offers for early career researchers in the faculties
The UDE faculties are very committed to their early career researchers and, in addition to supervising doctoral students, also offer various supporting measures on subject-specific methods, scientific writing, communication or the use of special software.
Faculty of Humanities
- Methoden der Geisteswissenschaften
- Phd colloquia
- USA guest lectureship; Ruhr PhD Forum in American Studies; RUDESA Spring Academy; Reading Group (Anglophone Studies/American Studies)
- monthly methods and writing workshops; Project SchriFT; Cooperation with IZfB (German as a second language)
- PhD colloquium in cooperation with the economic geography in Vienna (Geography)
- PhD exchange USA; scientific colloquia (German Studies)
- Research colloquia; Participation in the "historisches Doktorandenkolleg Ruhr" (History)
- AG Kunstproduktion und Kunsttheorie im Zeichen globaler Migration (Art and Art Studies)
- Participation in the colloquium for doctoral and postdoctoral researchers of German-speaking Dutch Studies (Dutch Studies)
- Research colloquia; PhD workshop (Turkistik)
- Interkonfessionelles Mittelbaukolloquium (Theologies)
Educational Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences dokforum – doknet – IZfB
With the interdisciplinary platform dokFORUM, the Faculties of Humanities, Educational and Social Sciences offer numerous guest lectures, workshops and continuing education courses that are open to early career researchers from all three faculties and beyond. It is worth taking a look at the current program. The Interdisciplinary Center for Educational Research (IZfB) also has numerous interesting workshops in its program, especially on the various methods used in educational research.