Graduate Center Plus Our Offers
For early career researchers of all subject groups and career levels!
We offer workshops and courses throughout the year in which you can acquire additional qualifications or strengthen your skills. Our program includes training courses on topics such as good scientific practice or self-marketing in science and academies lasting several days, which impart knowledge specific to academia or offer you the opportunity to reflect on your career goals.
Frühjahrsakademie addresses advanced Master's students and doctoral researchers at the beginning of their doctorate. The interdisciplinary program provides support in the decision-making process and in the initial phase of the doctorate.
The aim of the Herbstakademie is to support doctoral researchers with compact workshops to make the doctoral process more efficient, to increase motivation for a quick and successful conclusion and to outline personal career planning.
The mentoring³ program offers guidance and qualification for excellent female early career researchers. Postdoctoral and doctoral researchers of the University Alliance Ruhr who are aiming for a career in science and research can take part on an annual rotation basis.
Principles of participation
- Participation in our offers is always voluntary. Any agreements with or release from duty by the supervisor are the responsibility of the participants.
- Participation in our offers is free of charge in general. In a few programs a small contribution to expenses is required (explicitly announced if applicable).
- Our offers are open to all UDE early career researchers, many of them also for early career researchers from the Ruhr-Universität Bochum and the TU Dortmund University. Early career researchers from cooperating institutions can also participate.
- The individual programs often focus on one specific group (doctoral researchers, postdocs, ...). We point this out in the announcements.
- All offers of GC Plus are designed in such a way that early career researchers from all disciplines can participate, unless a specific subject reference is explicitly pointed out or requested.
- For the offers of GC Plus we recruit proven, mostly external experts in their respective field. So please take registration and participation seriously and don´t register if you are not sure that you can really participate.
- The registration for our offers is binding, but not yet a binding commitment to participate. As a rule, you will receive a binding confirmation by e-mail at least two weeks before the date of the event.
- If you get sick or something unexpected should happen, regular cancellations by e-mail, even at short notice, are welcome. This may allow other interested colleagues to take your place.
- If you need childcare while you are participating in one of our offers, please indicate this in your registration form and we will be happy to take care of it for you.
- All offers of GC Plus are attested with a certificate, which is usually handed out to you directly after the courses.
- After participating in our offers, you always have the opportunity to evaluate them in feedback forms and thus to develop them further. We are very grateful for your assessments and comments, so please take a moment to fill out the form.