For early career researchers of all subject groups and career levels
Our programme includes trainings and workshops on topics such as good scientific practice or self-marketing in science as well as interdisciplinary academies lasting several days, which impart knowledge specific to academia or offer you the opportunity to reflect on your career goals. Since our offers are tailored to the needs of different career phases, please note the target group information.
In this series, we offer a one- or two-day workshop in a science-relevant field or on interdisciplinary competencies once a month.
For PhD-interested Master's students and doctoral researchers Frühjahrsakademie (Research Academy Ruhr)
The Frühjahrsakademie addresses advanced Master's students and doctoral researchers of the University Alliance Ruhr (Bochum, Dortmund, Duisburg-Essen) at the beginning of their doctorate.
The aim of the Herbstakademie is to support doctoral researchers of the University Alliance Ruhr (Bochum, Dortmund, Duisburg-Essen) with compact interdisciplinary workshops.
Within Research Academy Ruhr, together with RUB Research School and the Graduate Center at TU Dortmund University, we offer workshops on career-related competencies for postdoctoral researchers.
The two-year mentoring³ programme offers guidance and interdisciplinary qualification for excellent female early career researchers of the University Alliance Ruhr.
Within Research Academy Ruhr, together with RUB Research School and Graduate Center Plus at TU Dortmund University, we develop qualification and support offers for UA Ruhr early career researchers at all career levels. You can find further qualification offers and network events at the website of Research Academy Ruhr.
Principles of participation in offers of the Graduate Center Plus
If you participate in interdisciplinary qualification offers of the Graduate Center Plus, please keep in mind the following principles:
- Participation in our offers is always voluntary. Any agreements with or release from duty by the supervisor are the responsibility of the participants.
- Participation in our offers is free of charge in general. In a few programmes a small contribution to expenses is required (explicitly announced if applicable).
- Our offers are open to all early career researchers of the University of Duisburg-Essen, many of them also for early career researchers from the Ruhr-Universität Bochum and the TU Dortmund University. Early career researchers from cooperating institutions can also participate.
- The individual programmes often focus on one specific group (doctoral researchers, postdocs, ...). We point this out in the announcements.
- All our offers are designed in such a way that early career researchers from all disciplines can participate, unless a specific subject reference is explicitly pointed out or requested.
- For the offers of GC Plus we recruit proven, mostly external experts in their respective field. So please take registration and participation seriously and don´t register if you are not sure that you can really participate.
- The registration for our offers is binding, but not yet a binding commitment to participate. As a rule, you will receive a binding confirmation by e-mail at least two weeks before the date of the event.
- If you get sick or something unexpected should happen, regular cancellations by e-mail, even at short notice, are welcome. This may allow other interested colleagues to take your place.
- If you need childcare while you are participating in one of our offers, please indicate this in your registration form and we will be happy to take care of it for you.
- All offers of GC Plus are attested with a certificate, which is usually handed out to you directly after the courses. We do not award credit points. If necessary, please clarify with the responsible institution (e.g. your Graduate School) whether the achievement can be credited.
- After participating in our offers, you always have the opportunity to evaluate them in feedback forms and thus to develop them further. We are very grateful for your assessments and comments, so please take a moment to fill out the form.