Publishing research papers in international journals is one established and indispensable way of sharing scientific findings with a wider audience, establishing a reputation among scientific peers and keeping track of one’s own scientific output. Thus, there are strong arguments to further develop academic writing skills in English - especially as an early career researcher!
- Strategic notions (self-organisation, structuring, revision etc.)
- Practical items for the writing process (descriptions, visualizations, cohesion, flow, argumentation)
- Appeal and target group orientation
- Exemplary work on own texts
Date & further information:
- Wed + Fri, 10. + 12. July 2019, 10.00–17.00 h
- for doctoral researchers in natural and engineering sciences
- in English / max. 12 participants
- venue: Innovationsfabrik SSC, Campus Essen (V15 S01 C97)
- Trainer: Jan Schilling
Registration is closed.