15.11.2015 - 00:00:00
Job Offer: Student Assistant Prof. Markus Taube and Acting Prof. Yuan Li
The Chair of East Asian Economic Studies / China (Prof. Markus Taube) and the Chair of Business and Economic Studies of East Asia (Acting Prof. Yuan Li) are looking for a dedicated assistant to support the organization of the 2016 Chinese Economic Association (Europe/UK) conference.
18 hours per week
- Assisting with the planning, scheduling, coordinating, and promoting of the conference
- Preparing paper work, documents, tables and graphics
- Liaising with conference participants, governmental offices, universities, and media from Europe, China and other countries
- Maintaining the conference website, and promoting the conference via internet and social media
- Assisting the paper submission and selection
- Coordinating venue management, catering, and social events
- Assisting with managing a budget
- Post-event evaluation
- Other tasks.
Requirements: The role of the job is hands-on and often involves working as part of a team. She/He must be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. She/He must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event. Good English language skills; MS office skills; Internet, Social Media, and Webpage maintaining skills. If possible, good Chinese language skills.
Expected starting date: As soon as possible
Expected ending date: September 30, 2016
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.