AFTER ADMISSION: COSTS AND FINANCE
Step 6: Costs and Finance
Costs of Studying and Living
There are no tuition fees at University of Duisburg-Essen - this applies for international students as well. All students are, however, subject to a student body and social contribution fee per semester.
Information on living expenses in Germany can be found on the DAAD website.
Some scholarship applications can often only be made in the student's home country. If you are already studying it Germany, it will usually be too late to make an application. Applications for funding should be made in the student's home country (for exceptions see the next section: Funding options in Duisburg-Essen).
- DAAD scholarship database for studying in Germany
- Overview: Funding Opportunities
- FAQs Scholarships
- Index of German foundations
- Scholarships of the Fulbright Commission (for US citizens only)
- Support for international students under the BAföG student loan/grant scheme
- Individual scholarships awarded by the State of North Rhine-Westphalia for gifted students from emerging and developing countries (see News)
- Graduation grants from the International Office (applications 1x per year in spring, see News)
- Duisburg-Essen University Foundation (Duisburg-Essener Universitätsstiftung)
- Scholarship: Deutschlandstipendium
Prize for final thesis
- Duisburg-Essen University Foundation (see menu under "Requests for Applications")
In individual cases of social hardship, the Protestant Student Community (Evangelische Studentengemeinde, ESG), Catholic Student Community (Katholische Studentengemeinde, KOM) and the social advisory service (Sozialberatung) of the Studentenwerk may be able to provide assistance:
|Protestant Student Community||ESG - Duisburg||ESG Essen|
Catholic Student Community
|KOM - CampusSegen|
|Social advisory service of the Studentenwerk||Sozialberatung Essen|
Social advisory service of the
|AStA Duisburg||AStA Essen|
A one-time allowance of 260 euros per child can be granted to students for babycare needs by the Duisburg-Essen University Foundation. The social advisory service of the Studentenwerk can assist with applications for birth allowance ("Geburtsbeihilfe").
sajola / photocase.com