Step 5 – Apply for a visa

With your letter of admission you can go to the German Embassy in your country to apply for a visa for study purposes or for a German course. In many cases the Embassy/Consulate will require confirmation of reservation from a course provider in Germany when you make your application for a visa to take a German course.

Important: please do not enter the country on a tourist visa. This type of visa expires after three months and cannot be extended or changed to a student visa.