Thermodynamics - Equipment
Equipment for Science and Research
Several chemical vapor deposition (CVD) reactors for research and process optimisation:
- Cold wall, hot wall and light heated.
- A high temperature CVD reactor (T<2500°C) for high quality SiC depostion.
Figure: Light heated CVD reactor, for temperatures of up to 1100K, with high heating rates.
Time of flight mass spectrometer (TOF-MS)with reflectron used for analyzing in situ the chemical pomposition of reactive mixtures:
Molecular beam (MB)sampling is performed with the TOF-MS for in-situ analysis of reactive mixtures at high Temperatures. Due to the molecularbeam formation at low pressures, the chemical composition of the mixture is "frozen":
- Ionisation with electron impact or laser ionisation (REMPI).
- Mass resolution at 6000.
- Mass range 1 - 10 000 u.
Connectable to a flat premixed low pressure flame (10 - 300 mbar) or to high temperature reactors (CVD or other).
Figure: Ionization regime and repeller of a molecular beam mass spectrometer.
Quadrupole mass spectrometer with heated inlet valve, Mass range 1 - 300 u.
Figure:Quadrupole mass spectrometer
Pulsed lasers for spectroscopic analysis (laser induced fluorescence (LIF) spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy) and 2D detectors/cameras, several spectrometers:
- Dye laser (205 - 800 nm)
- Excimer laser (193, 248, 308 nm)Nd:YAG laser (532, 355, 266, 1064 nm)
- cw lasers Nd:YLF etc.
Image intensified CCD-Cameras (ICCD).
XRD for phase analysis of powders and thin films, also in gracing incidence geometry.
Figure: X-ray diffraction
- Thermogravimetry/ Differential thermial analysis (TGA/ DTA) up to 1400 °C. All within a glove box to ensure a defined atmosphere, free of oxygen or moisture. This is important for sensitive compounds like organo-metalic compounds, used within CeNIDE.
- Knudsen cell for vapour pressure measurements (0,1 - 1000 Pa, 40 - 290 °C.
- Magnetic suspension balance for vapor pressure measurements
Figure: Knudsen-Cell and Magnetic suspension balance
Raman spectroscopy of solids, excitation by solid state laser. Phosphorescence measurements of thin solid films, mainly thermographic phosphors, as a function of temperature.
Figure: Raman spectroscopy and phosphorescence measurements.
UV-VIS spectrometer and FT-IR spectrometer.
Equipment for vapor liquid equilibria (VLE) measurements