Information for First Semester Students Winter Term 2020/21
Our professors introduce the subject areas in a short video. You can learn more about the chairs and their research activities. Watch our exciting videos and get a taste of the atmosphere in our faculty!
International study programs
- Automation and Safety
- Communications Engineering
- Computational Mechanics
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Embedded Systems Engineering
- Management and Technology of Water and Waste Water
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy and Metal Forming
- Power Engineering
- Structural Engineering
Digital Winter Term 2020/2021
Due to the corona crisis, the start of lectures has been postponed nationwide to 02.11.2020.
The end of lectures is 12.02.2021.
Lectures and exercises will take place in digital format (via Moodle, ZOOM, BBB, Jitsi-Meet or similar). Please inform yourself about the currently used platform of your modules on the following index page and in LSF.
Examinations will take place under strict hygienic measures in classroom form during the lecture-free period.
In advance you will receive a PowerPoint presentation (duration approx. 15 minutes) with the most important information about the start of your studies (in German and English). So you are ready to start:
1. click on the screen presentation (German / English)
2. presentation is downloaded
3. presentation starts automatically
!!! Information about the Corona hygiene regulations !!!
In order to ensure your safe stay in the university rooms, we ask everyone to follow the following security measures:
- In the rooms of the UDE, masks must be worn on the general circulation areas (corridors, foyers, toilets, elevators, etc.) as well as in the entrance areas in front of buildings (e.g. if queues form due to waiting times)
- Always keep a safety distance of 1.5 meters from other persons and observe the distance markings
- Please disinfect your hands. Disinfection dispensers are available
- Avoid hand contact and do not shake hands when greeting
- Presence examinations: In our seminar rooms we have increased the seating distance. In your interest, we ask that you maintain the seating arrangement and the distance to other students (also during the breaks)
Here you can find current information.
Semester dates in winter semester 2020/21
2 November 2020
Start of the lecture period in the winter semester
30 November to 11 December 2020
Registration period for the examinations; only during this period is it possible to register for the examinations in the winter semester
27 November 2020
"Studis raus", information event for engineering students on studying and doing an internship abroad
23 December 2020 to 6 January 2021
6 February 2021, 15.00
Ceremonial farewell ceremony for graduates; also of interest to first-year students
12 February 2021
End of the lecture period
15 February 2021
Start of the examination phase in the winter semester
Stay networked - stay in touch - exchange ideas!
The LuDi are primarily aimed at students in their first two semesters, but they can also be used as learning rooms by students in higher semesters.
Use the opportunity to discuss special questions outside of lectures and to better prepare for the exam phase.
The oldest German-Chinese city partnership, which has existed between the city of Duisburg and the city of Wuhan since 1982, and the long-standing good cooperation between the University of Duisburg-Essen and the renowned Chinese University of Wuhan form a strong foundation for the Confucius Institute.
In this video the Confucius Instiut introduces himself