student identity card

All students are issued a student identity card, which is sent out by post after enrolment. The student identity card doubles as your library card and Mensa card with payment chip. You can use the identity card at the self-service stations (to print student certificates, make changes to your address, print bank transfer slips). 

The card is the property of the University of Duisburg-Essen. As a student identity card it is personal to you. It becomes void when you are de-registered from the University and must be returned to the registrar’s office or the International Office.

If your card is lost or damaged, you can apply for a new one only at the registrar’s office. Send an e-mail via your e-mail account with your Matrikelnummer to the registrar's office:


For more information see: