What is Open Access?
Open Access Declaration of the University of Duisburg-Essen
The term Open Access means cost-free, unrestricted access to scientific publications and other scientific materials for all internet users.
The University of Duisburg-Essen’s Rector’s Office has decided to give its full support to Open Access activities at the university.
- The University of Duisburg-Essen supports the demand for open access to scientific publications in the spirit of the “Berlin Declaration” of 2003.
- The University of Duisburg-Essen strongly recommends that its researchers publish in Open Access journals. The university offers financial and organisational support to this end.
- In addition, researchers at the University of Duisburg-Essen are strongly encouraged to make their publications openly accessible, within the framework of copyright possibilities and author contracts with publishers, via the UDE's documents and publications server DuEPublico).
- The University of Duisburg-Essen encourages its researchers, in doing so, not to transfer exploitation rights for their publications.
- The University of Duisburg-Essen supports the principle that Open Access publications are given appropriate consideration and accorded equal status with traditional publications when judging research achievements.
Duisburg-Essen in October 2012.
All contents on these pages are for information purposes only and are not legally binding.