Scientific search engines
You are looking for:
Scientific documents, books, journal articles, dissertations, preprints in open access?
- searches for scientifc documents, books, journal articles, dissertations and pre-prints on university servers, publishers' servers etc.
- displays documents as pdfs directly
- evaluates citations: How often and by whom has a document been cited?
- search engine developed by the Bielefeld University Library
- offers access to about 60 million documents, such as dissertations, preprints, journal articles on more than 3.000 document servers (as of June 2014)
- provides subject search according to the Dewey Decimal Classification
- about BASE
- was originally an open access project of the University of Michigan Library, now maintained by OCLC
- provides free access to more than 25 millions online publications such as dissertations, preprints, journal articles from more than 1.100 institutions
- integrated to WorldCat, but also available separately
- contains bibliographic data and links directly to the ressources
- about OAIster