The licensed services and products of the University Library (databases, electronic journals, e-books) can be used by University members independently of the provider and beyond the campuses.
To do this, you need access via VPN (Virtual Private Network) which can be generated in different versions:
How do I install a VPN connection for Windows?
For an easy configuration with Windows you can download and use a script:
- Save the Script ("vpn-uni-due.pbk") by clicking the right mouse button ("Save target as" = "Ziel speichern unter").
- Execute it locally by double clicking.
- Please choose the network connection Uni Duisburg-Essen VPN von extern:
- Click on Verbinden (= connect).
- Enter your Unikennung (University identification or UDE id) in the input field Benutzername (= user name) and your password:
- Click on Verbinden (= connect)
To disconnect, choose the file "vpn-uni-due.pbk" again and click on "Auflegen ..." (= disconnect).