The licensed services and products of the University Library (databases, electronic journals, e-books) can be used by University members independently of the provider and beyond the campuses.
To do this, you need access via VPN (Virtual Private Network).
How do I install a VPN connection for Windows?
For an easy configuration with Windows you can download and use a script:
- Save the Script ("vpn-uni-due.pbk") by clicking the right mouse button ("Save target as" = "Ziel speichern unter").
- Execute it locally by double clicking.
- Please choose the network connection Uni Duisburg-Essen VPN von extern:
- Click on Verbinden (= connect).
- Enter your Unikennung (University identification or UDE ID) in the input field Benutzername (= user name) and your password:
- Click on Verbinden (= connect)
To disconnect, choose the file "vpn-uni-due.pbk" again and click on "Auflegen ..." (= disconnect).