Prof. Dr. Jens M. Gurr
- Negotiations of Urbanity: Towards a Cultural History of Key Media
- The Connection between the City and Urbanity: Historical Perspectives - and Urbanity Today
- Representations of Urban Complexity in Contemporary Film
- The Negotiation of Central Urban Issues in Street Art
- Informal urban education spaces - the reconstruction of invisible education agreements in major German cities.
- “Social mapping” as a new governing tool in a post-welfare-state context. The example of local crime and social atlases.
- Migration and gentrification - Spatial patterns of movement in urban space as an expression of new social problems
- Relationships between urban climatology and the development of economic space.
- Space, Education, Power. The reassertion of space in educational theory.
- Gentrification in the post-welfare society.
- Mapping the Political Struggle on Social Services in Istanbul and Berlin.
Prof. Dr. Bernd Noche
- Sustainable economic concepts in urban transport systems
- Development of new logistic services based on technologies of the Future Internet
- Evaluation of urban systems using logistic methods
Prof. Dr. J. Alexander Schmidt
The healthy city –
- What does the term „Walkability of a city“ mean and what effects does it have on the health of the inhabitants?
- How does a healthy city look like?
The city and climate change –
- Interdisciplinary approaches and innovative adaption to climate change within a city – a new cityscape?
- Resilient Cities – New Idea or the “Emperor’s New Clothes”?
Urban planning strategies–
- Strategies for a successful urban planning coping with uncertainties - Profiting from Uncertainty
Prof. Dr. Hans-Werner Wehling
- The "industrial" city - formal/functional deficiencies and potentials
- Micro-scale planning approaches to multiple-deprived urban quarters - a cross-sectional European analysis
- The demographic change and the urban real estate market - trends and prognoses
- Beyond segregation - establishing migrant communities in urban economy and social life
- Iconifying the built industrial heritage - historical, economic and public relation perspectives
Prof. Dr. Renatus Widmann
- Development of novel heat transport systems within the existing urban infrastructure
- Potential of local and semi-centralized storage for precipitation water in urban drainage
- Algae biomass as a renewable energy storage
- Optimization of algae growth by the use of new LED technology