Today, automotive engineering is one of the most important technical areas in which mechatronics is implemented as a development concept for technical products. The automobile represents an overall mechatronic system, which, in addition to mechanical subsystems such as chassis or drive train, also includes non-mechanical system components such as controllers, sensors, brake hydraulics and the entire information processing system. Against this background, the lecture is structured as follows: basics of vehicle mechanics; modelling of vehicle components (wheel-road contact, drive train); modelling of longitudinal, transverse and vertical dynamics of a vehicle with a special focus on the linear single-track model; applications of vehicle dynamics simulation to different concrete questions from vehicle system technology; introduction to the function and development of vehicle dynamics control systems (e.g. ABS, ASR, ESP, ACC) and driver assistance systems.
- Eigenes Manuskript/Foliensatz
- Mitschke, M.; Wallentowitz, H.: Dynamik der Kraftfahrzeuge.
- Gillespie, Th. Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics SAE, 1992
- Schramm, D. et al.: Fahrzeugtechnik. Technische Grundlagen aktueller und zukünftiger Kraftfahrzeuge De Gruyter Oldenbourg, 2017
- Schramm, D. et al.: Vehicle Dynamics Springer Verlag, 2018 also available in German and Chinese Language