Structure and function of biological macromolecules, in particular those of large complex aggregates.
- Proteases and their natural and synthetic inhibitors.
- Metalloenzymes (iron, nickel, molybdenum, copper).
- Proteins of the immune system (antibodies and antibody receptors).
- Protein hormones and their receptors.
- Protein kinases.
- Proteins of amino acid biosynthesis (PLP containing enzymes).
- Proteins of cofactor and vitamin biosynthesis.
- Proteins of energy and electron transport.
- Patterson methods in crystallography.
- Methods of structure determination of proteins and protein ligand complexes by NMR.
- Synthesis and use of electron rich metal clusters.
- Crystal annealing and improvement, methods and instruments.
- Analysis and evaluation of targets for research and application in pharmacology and crop science.