Application 2014 closed
No application possible anymore!
IWaTec consortium is pleased to call for applications from Egyptian master students. The selected students will have the opportunity to attend the activities of IWaTec (4.5 months in Germany+ 1.5 months in Egypt) as well as engage in well-defined research projects in collaboration between German and Egyptian scientists. The next round of the program will start in Germany end of September 2014.
Profile of students:
- Fresh graduates (0-4 years of experience) holding Bachelor degree in Science (Chemistry, Biology, Physics), Agriculture, Engineering, or Medicine with at least total grade of Very Good (specific information in the project descriptions).
- Very good command of English
- Highly motivated, hard worker and eager to work in new topics
- Currently affiliated to Egyptian universities, research centers or public companies
Basic application materials (in English please! no arabic documents can be considered):
- Application form (download) with selected projects (1 or 2)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including recent photo and basic personal data
- A copy of the Bachelor certificate (in English) including the courses and grades
- TOEFEL/IELTS certificate (when existent)
- Motivation statement (one page, with regard to the choosen master project - only the IWaTec projects pubished under Topics are available, no new ones please!)
- Two letters of recommendation (when applicable)
- A copy of a valid passport (very important!)
The application materials should be sent as one file (pdf) to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered!
The applications will be reviewed and short listed applicants will be invited for personal interview. During the interview the applicants will be asked to give an oral presentation (10-15 min) in selected topics related to IWaTec’s projects. Please, note that the selected students will have to officially commit the completion of all IWaTec activities in Germany and Egypt. Qualified applicants who are affiliated to IWaTec partners will be given a priority. The selected students will receive a full scholarship (according to DAAD rates) covering the living and travel expenses during the course of the program. Selected students who are currently enrolled in one of the master programs in Egypt should be able to adapt their master thesis to one of the projects offered by IWaTec (published here). When mentioned in the describtion, also short time projects are possible.
The deadline for receiving applications was:
July 7th, 2014