We look forward to welcoming you to the Ruhr PhD Forum in American Studies!
About the Ruhr PhD Forum in American Studies
The annual dissertation colloquium offers young scholars in American Studies a forum to present current research projects as work in progress. It was founded in 2004 by the American Studies Departments
at Ruhr-University Bochum and TU Dortmund. In order to highlight the strong connection between the two, the conference was named "BOND" indicating the two venues BOchum and DortmuND. In 2011, the
colloquium expanded and since then it has welcomed PhD students and faculty from the University of Duisburg-Essen under the new designation "Ruhr PhD Forum in American Studies."
The organizers, oftentimes PhD students themselves, welcome contributions by PhD candidates of the three participating Departments as well as by PhD candidates from other universities. Travel stipends are available.
Every year, the presentations are accompanied by special guests (senior experts) with a comprehensive perspective on American Studies to provide outside commentaries and methodological advice to the PhD students.
Anna Bongers, Sandra Danneil, Anna Krüger, Courtney Moffett-Bateau, Sina Nitzsche
Past Senior Experts (alphabetical order)
- Hans Bak (Radboud University Nijmegen)
- Laura Bieger (Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg)
- Heike Bungert (Universität Münster)
- Mita Banerjee (Universität Mainz)
- Mario Chandler (Oglethorpe University Atlanta)
- Kathleen G. Donohue (CMU Michigan)
- Peter Freese (Universität Paderborn)
- Rüdiger Kunow (Universität Potsdam)
- Julia Leyda (Sofia University Tokio)
- Giorgio Mariani (Sapienza Università di Roma)
- Bernd Ostendorf (Ludwigs-Maximilians-Universität München)
- Steven D. Reschly (Truman State University)
- Susanne Rohr (Universität Hamburg
- Lynn Rose (Truman State University)
- Alan Trachtenberg (Yale University)