Fachbereich Mathematik, Campus Essen
27th April 2015
Master Seminar (2SWS)
In this seminar we present papers which we are reading in detail while writing our final thesis: master thesis, diploma thesis or PhD thesis.
If your are interested in becoming a master student in probability theory or you are planning to write a bachelor thesis in probability theory but you still haven't taken a bachelor seminar you are also welcome to join.
Sommer Semester 2015
Tuesday, 14.15-15.45; WSC-S-U-3.03
- 07.04.2015; Introduction in the topic and organization of the presentations, Anita Winter
- 05.05.2015; The impact of selection in the Lambda-Wright-Fisher Model, Ruth Heselhaus
- 12.05.2015; Die Ruinwahrscheinlichkeit im klassischen Ruinprozess, Sebastian Angerhausen
- 02.06.2015; Max Paefgen
- 09.06.2015; Connection between Uniform spanning trees and Loop erased random walks, Tim Schönberger
- 16.06.2015; Feynman-Kac-Formel für die Brownsche Bewegung, Erik Wellner
- 23.06.2015; Markov Chains with Almost Exponential Hitting Times, Tim Kalkmann
- 07.07.2015; Meeting times for independent Markov chains, Daniel Limberger
What should I know if I want to participate?
The Seminar is offered as part of the Master Program in Mathematics. Nevertheless, if you are interested in probability theory you are very welcome to participate and contribute with a presentation. Preknowledge in probability theory and stochastic processes are of great advantage.
Don't hesitate to send me an e-mail for more information:
anita(dot)winter `at' due(dot)de
- The first session will be on Monday, 07th of April. I will give a short introduction and we will distribute the talks. The first presentation will be given on Monday, 05th of May.