7th International Workshop on Direct and Inverse Problems in Piezoelectricity 2011
Piezo Workshop 2011 (October 4th - 7th, 2011) 7th International Workshop on Direct and Inverse Problems in Piezoelectricity
Jörg Schröder (Institute for Mechanics A, University of Duisburg-Essen)
Marc-André Keip (Institute for Mechanics A, University of Duisburg-Essen)
Doru C. Lupascu (Institute for Materials Science, University of Duisburg-Essen)
Aims and scope
The scope of the workshop is focussed on the multifaceted field of piezoelectricity and covers mathematical modeling, experimental methods, and industrial applications of piezoelectric materials. The aim of the workshop is to contribute to the clarification of open problems in theory, numerical simulations, manufacturing processes, and performance of piezoelectrics. Thus, the overall intention of the workshop is to bring together experts from different fields of research such as mechanics, applied mathematics, and materials science, as well as from the industrial sector.
Talks and discussions will give an overview of the state of the art in the various aspects of piezoelectricity. The topics cover:
- theoretical problems, e.g. constitutive modeling, hysteresis phenomena, polarization
- inverse problems, e.g. parameter identification, eigenfrequencies and corresponding numerical methods
- discussion of fatigue, damage, cracks and reliability, and corresponding numerical simulations
- advanced materials characterization
- applications, industrial challenges, manufacturing
The 7th workshop should continue and extend the previous workshops that were animated by lively discussions from numerous participants.
Arrival is suggested on Tuesday evening, talks are from Wednesday morning to Friday afternoon. The length of the talks will be 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the number of participants.
Accommodation and fees
The workshop will take place at
For information about the venue and journey please visit www.haus-haard.de. Please let us know whether you prefer a single or a double room, and with whom you would like to share the room. The accommodation including meals (full board) and an excursion to the Unesco World Heritage Zeche Zollverein in Essen will cost approx. EUR 300. There will be no additional registration fee. Please pay by cash at the venue.
Registration and deadlines
Please send us a registration e-mail indicating whether you will take part and whether you plan to give a talk. A LaTeX-Template for creating an abstract can be found on www.uni-due.de/mechanika/piezo11.shtml. Please send the title of your talk and the abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org. LaTeX is the preferred document format. If you are not familiar with LaTeX, please send us a file containing your abstract as plain text.
Deadline for registration: March 25th 2011
Deadline for submission of abstract: June 24th 2011 (Extended to July 15th 2011)
Contact and information
Institut für Mechanik, Abteilung Bauwissenschaften, Fakultät für Ingenieurwissenschaften
Universität Duisburg-Essen, Universitätsstraße 15, D-45141 Essen
- Miniworkshop "Direct and Inverse Problems in Piezoelectricity", Linz, Austria, October 6, 2005.
- Second International Workshop "Direct and Inverse Problems in Piezoelectricity", Hirschegg (Kleinwalsertal), Austria, July 16-19, 2006.
- Third International Workshop "Direct and Inverse Problems in Piezoelectricity", Unteroewisheim, Germany, October 8-11, 2007.
- Fourth International Workshop "Direct and Inverse Problems in Piezoelectricity", Pommersfelden, Germany, September 29 - October 1, 2008.
- Fifth International Workshop on Direct and Inverse Problems in Piezoelectricity, Hirschegg (Kleinwalsertal), Austria, October 21-24, 2009.
- Sixth International Workshop on Direct and Inverse Problems in Piezoelectricity, Leibnitz, Austria, August 23-26, 2010.