|Publications 2000 - 2008
- Terzoudi GI, Singh SK, Pantelias GE, Iliakis G
Premature chromosome condensation reveals DNA-PK independent pathways of chromosome break repair.
Int J Oncol. 2008 Oct;33(4):871-9.
- Kinner A, Wu W, Staudt C, Iliakis G
Gamma-H2AX in recognition and signaling of DNA double-strand breaks in the context of chromatin.
Nucleic Acids Res. 2008 Oct;36(17):5678-94. Epub 2008 Sep 4.
- Wu W, Wang M, Mussfeldt T, Iliakis G.
Enhanced use of backup pathways of NHEJ in G2 in Chinese hamster mutant cells with defects in the classical pathway of NHEJ.
Radiat Res. 2008 Oct;170(4):512-20.
- Rosidi B, Wang M, Wu W, Sharma A, Wang H, Iliakis G
Histone H1 functions as a stimulatory factor in backup pathways of NHEJ.
Nucleic Acids Res. 2008 Mar;36(5):1610-23. Epub 2008 Feb 3.
- Iliakis G, Wu W, Wang M
DNA double strand break repair inhibition as a cause of heat radiosensitization: re-evaluation considering backup pathways of NHEJ.
Int J Hyperthermia. 2008 Feb;24(1):17-29.
- Wu W, Wang M, Wu W, Singh SK, Mussfeldt T, Iliakis G
Repair of radiation induced DNA double strand breaks by backup NHEJ is enhanced in G2.
DNA Repair (Amst). 2008 Feb 1;7(2):329-38. Epub 2007 Dec 26.
- Windhofer F, Wu W, Wang M, Singh SK, Saha J, Rosidi B, Iliakis G
Marked dependence on growth state of backup pathways of NHEJ.
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007 Aug 1;68(5):1462-70.
- Windhofer F, Wu W, Iliakis G
Low levels of DNA ligases III and IV sufficient for effective NHEJ.
J Cell Physiol. 2007 Nov;213(2):475-83.
- Iliakis G, Wang Y, Wang HY
Analysis of inhibition of DNA replication in irradiated cells using the SV40-based in vitro assay of DNA replication.
Methods Mol Biol. 2006;314:61-71.
- Iliakis G, Cheong N
In vitro rejoining of double-strand breaks in genomic DNA.
Methods Mol Biol. 2006;314:95-108.
- Iliakis G, Rosidi B, Wang M, Wang H
Plasmid-based assays for DNA end-joining in vitro.
Methods Mol Biol. 2006;314:123-31.
- Tamulevicius P, Wang M, Iliakis G.
Homology-directed repair is required for the development of radioresistance during S phase: interplay between double-strand break repair and checkpoint response. (PubMed)
Radiat Res. 2007 Jan;167(1):1-11
- Wilfried Böcker and George Iliakis
Computational Methods for Analysis of Foci: Validation for Radiation-Induced g-H2AX Foci in Human Cells
RADIATION RESEARCH 165, 113–124 (2006)
- Minli Wang, Weizhong Wu, Wenqi Wu, Bustanur Rosidi, Lihua Zhang, Huichen Wang and George Iliakis
PARP-1 and Ku compete for repair of DNA double strand breaks by distinct NHEJ pathways
6170–6182 Nucleic Acids Research, 2006, Vol. 34, No. 21
- FERYA BANAZ-YAS¸AR, RABEA TISCHKA, GEORGE ILIAKIS, ELKE WINTERHAGER
Cell Line Specific Modulation of Connexin43 Expression after Exposure to Ionizing Radiation
Cell Communication and Adhesion, 12: 249–259, 2005
- Terzoudi GI, Manola KN, Pantelias GE, Iliakis G.
Checkpoint abrogation in G2 compromises repair of chromosomal breaks in ataxia telangiectasia cells.
Cancer Res. 2005 Dec 15;65(24):11292-6
- Marta Martı´n, Anna Genesca`, Laura Latre, Isabel Jaco, Guillermo E. Taccioli, Josep Egozcue, Marı´a A. Blasco, George Iliakis, and Laura Tusell
Postreplicative Joining of DNA Double-Strand Breaks Causes Genomic Instability in DNA-PKcs–Deficient Mouse Embryonic Fibroblasts
Cancer Res 2005; 65: (22). November 15, 2005
- HONGYAN WANG, MINLI WANG, HUICHEN WANG, WILFRIED BÖCKER, GEORGE ILIAKIS
Complex H2AX Phosphorylation Patterns by Multiple Kinases Including ATM and DNA-PK in Human Cells Exposed to Ionizing Radiation and Treated With Kinase Inhibitors
JOURNAL OF CELLULAR PHYSIOLOGY 202:492–502 (2005)
- Huichen Wang, Bustanur Rosidi, Ronel Perrault, Minli Wang, Lihua Zhang, Frank Windhofer, and George Iliakis
DNA Ligase III as a Candidate Component of Backup Pathways of Nonhomologous End Joining
Cancer Res 2005; 65: (10). May 15, 2005
- Wei-Zhong Wu, Hui-Chuan Sun, Yue-Fang Shen, Jie Chen, Lu Wang, Zhao-You Tang, George Iliakis , Kang-Da Liu
Interferon alpha 2a downregulates VEGF expression through PI3 kinase and MAP kinase signaling pathways
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol (2005) 131: 169–178
- Hongyan Wang, Huichen Wang, Simon N. Powell, George Iliakis, and Ya Wang
ATR Affecting Cell Radiosensitivity Is Dependent on Homologous Recombination Repair but Independent of Nonhomologous End Joining
CANCER RESEARCH 64, 7139–7143, October 1, 2004
- G. ILIAKIS, T. KRIEG, J. GUAN, Y. WANG and D. LEEPER
Evidence for an S-Phase checkpoint regulating DNA replication after heat shock: a review
INT. J. HYPERTHERMIA VOL. 20, NO. 2 (MARCH 2004), pp. 240–249
- G. Iliakis, H. Wang, A.R. Perrault, W. Boecker, B. Rosidi, F. Windhofer, W. Wu, J. Guan, G. Terzoudi, and G. Pantelias
Mechanisms of DNA double strand break repair and chromosome aberration formation
Cytogenet Genome Res 104:14–20 (2004)
- Ronel Perrault, Huichen Wang, Minli Wang, Bustanur Rosidi, and George Iliakis
Backup Pathways of NHEJ Are Suppressed by DNA-PK
Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 92:781–794 (2004)
- Huichen Wang, Wilfried Boecker, Hongyan Wang, Xiang Wang, Jun Guan, Larry H Thompson, Jac A Nickoloff and George Iliakis
Caffeine inhibits homology-directed repair of I-SceI-induced DNA double-strand breaks
Oncogene (2004) 23, 824–834
- Xiang Wang, Jun Guan, Baocheng Hu, Robert S. Weiss, George Iliakis and Ya Wang
Involvement of Hus1 in the chain elongation step of DNA replication after exposure to camptothecin or ionizing radiation
Nucleic Acids Research, 2004, Vol. 32, No. 2 767 - 775
- Adam P. Dicker, M.D., Ph.D., Torian L. Williams, George Iliakis, Ph.D., and Derrick S. Grant, Ph.D.
Targeting Angiogenic Processes by Combination Low-Dose Paclitaxel and Radiation Therapy
Am J Clin Oncol (CCT) 26(3): e45–e53, 2003
- George Iliakis, Ya Wang, Jun Guan and Huichen Wang
DNA damage checkpoint control in cells exposed to ionizing radiation
Oncogene (2003) 22, 5834–5847
- Girdhar G Sharma, Arun Gupta, Huichen Wang, Harry Scherthan, Sonu Dhar, Varsha Gandhi, George Iliakis, Jerry W Shay, Charles SH Young and Tej K Pandita
hTERT associates with human telomeres and enhances genomic stability and DNA repair
Oncogene (2003) 22, 131–146
- Xiang Wang, Huichen Wang, George Iliakis and Ya Wang
Caffeine-Induced Radiosensitization is Independent of Nonhomologous End Joining of DNA Double-Strand Breaks
RADIATION RESEARCH 159, 426–432 (2003)
- Huichen Wang, Xiang Wang, George Iliakis and Ya Wang
Caffeine Could Not Efficiently Sensitize Homologous Recombination Repair-Deficient Cells to Ionizing Radiation-Induced Killing
RADIATION RESEARCH 159, 420–425 (2003)
- Xiang Wang, Jay Khadpe, Baocheng Hu, George Iliakis, and Ya Wang
An Overactivated ATR/CHK1 Pathway Is Responsible for the Prolonged G2 Accumulation in Irradiated AT Cells
THE JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY Vol. 278, No. 33, Issue of August 15, pp. 30869–30874, 2003
- Huichen Wang, Ange Ronel Perrault, Yoshihiko Takeda, Wei Qin, Hongyan Wang and George Iliakis
Biochemical evidence for Ku-independent backup pathways of NHEJ
Nucleic Acids Research, 2003, Vol. 31, No. 18 5377±5388
- Jun Guan, Elena Stavridi, Dennis Leeper and George Iliakis
Effects of Hyperthermia on p53 Protein Expression and Activity
Journal of Cellular Physiology 190:365-374 (2002)
- Hongyan Wang, Xiang Wang, Xiang-Yang Zhou, David J. Chen, Gloria C. Li, George Iliakis, and Ya Wang
Ku Affects the Ataxia and Rad 3-related/CHK1-dependent S Phase Checkpoint Response after Camptothecin Treatment
CANCER RESEARCH 62, 2483–2487, May 1, 2002
- Xiang Wang, Gloria C. Li, George Iliakis, and Ya Wang
Ku Affects the CHK1-dependent G2 Checkpoint after Ionizing Radiation
CANCER RESEARCH 62, 6031–6034, November 1, 2002
- Jia-Lun Wang, Xiang Wang, Hongyam Wang, George Iliakis, Ya Wang
CHK1-Tegulated S-phase Checkpoint Response Reduces Camptothecin Cytotoxity
Cell Cycle 1:4, 267-272, July/August 2002
- Zhao-Chong Zeng , Guo-Liang Jiang , Guo-Min Wang , Zhao-You Tang, Walter J. Curran, George Iliakis
DNA-PKcs subunits in radiosensitization by hyperthermia on hepatocellular carcinoma hepG2 cell line
World J Gastroenterol 2002;8(5):797-803
- Xiang-Yang Zhou, Xiang Wang, Baocheng Hu, Jun Guan, George Iliakis, and Ya Wang
An ATM-independent S-Phase Checkpoint Response Involves CHK1 Pathway
CANCER RESEARCH 62, 1598–1603, March 15, 2002
- Xiang-Yang Zhou, Xiang Wang, Hongyan Wang, David J Chen, Gloria C Li, George Iliakis and Ya Wang
Ku affects the ATM-dependent S phase checkpoint following ionizing radiation
Oncogene (2002) 21, 6377 – 6381
- David W. Andrews, Mariana Resnicoff, Adam E. Flanders, Lawrence Kenyon, Mark Curtis, Gino Merli, Renato Baserga, George Iliakis, and Robert D. Aiken
Results of a Pilot Study Involving the Use of an Antisense Oligodeoxynucleotide Directed Against the Insulin-Like Growth Factor Type I Receptor in Malignant Astrocytomas
Journal of Clinical Oncology, Vol 19, No 8 (April 15), 2001: pp 2189-2200
- N. Cheong, Z.-C. Zeng, Y. Wang, G. Iliakis
Evidence for factors modulating radiation-induced G2-delay: potential application as radioprotectors
Physica Medica - Vol. XVII, Supplement 1, 2001
- Baocheng Hu, Xiang-Yang Zhou, Xiang Wang, Zhao-Chong Zeng, George Iliakis, and Ya Wang
The Radioresistance to Killing of A1–5 Cells Derives from Activation of the Chk1 Pathway
THE JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY Vol. 276, No. 21, Issue of May 25, pp. 17693–17698, 2001
- R. PERRAULT, NGE CHEONG, HUICHEN WANG, HONGYAN WANG and G. ILIAKIS
RPA facilitates rejoining of DNA double-strand breaks in an in vitro assay utilizing genomic DNA as substrate
int. j. radiat. biol 2001, vol. 77, no. 5, 593± 607
- Katherine B. Peters, Hongyan Wang, J. Martin Brown, and George Iliakis
Inhibition of DNA Replication by Tirapazamine
CANCER RESEARCH 61, 5425–5431, July 15, 2001
- Huichen Wang, Zhao-Chong Zeng, Tu-Anh Bui, Steven J. DiBiase, Wei Qin, Fen Xia, Simon N. Powell, and George Iliakis
Nonhomologous End-Joining of Ionizing Radiation-induced DNA Double-Stranded Breaks in Human Tumor Cells Deficient in BRCA1 or BRCA2
CANCER RESEARCH 61, 270–277, January 1, 2001
- Huichen Wang, Zhao-Chong Zeng, Ange R. Perrault, Xinbo Cheng, Wei Qin and George Iliakis
Genetic evidence for the involvement of DNA ligase IV in the DNA-PK-dependent pathway of non-homologous end joining in mammalian cells
Nucleic Acids Research, 2001, Vol. 29, No. 8 1653-1660
- Yizheng Wang, Jun Guan, Hongyan Wang, Ya Wang, Dennis Leeper, and George Iliakis
Regulation of DNA Replication after Heat Shock by Replication Protein A-Nucleolin Interactions
THE JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY Vol. 276, No. 23, Issue of June 8, pp. 20579–20588, 2001
- Huichen Wang, Zhao-Chong Zeng, Tu-Anh Bui, Eiichiro Sonoda, Minoru Takata, Shunichi Takeda and George Iliakis
Effcient rejoining of radiation-induced DNA double-strand breaks in vertebrate cells deficient in genes of the RAD52 epistasis group
Oncogene (2001) 20, 2212 - 2224
- Hongyan Wang, Jun Guan, Huichen Wang, Ange Ronel Perrault, Ya Wang, and George Iliakis
Replication Protein A2 Phosphorylation after DNA Damage by the Coordinated Action of Ataxia Telangiectasia-Mutated and DNA-dependent Protein Kinase
CANCER RESEARCH 61, 8554–8563, December 1, 2001
- Fen Xia, Danielle G. Taghian, Jeffrey S. DeFrank, Zhao-Chong Zeng, Henning Willers, George Iliakis,and Simon N. Powell
Deficiency of human BRCA2 leads to impaired homologous recombination but maintains normal nonhomologous end joining
8644–8649 | PNAS | July 17, 2001 | vol. 98 | no. 15
- Nesrin A Asaad, Zhao-Chong Zeng, Jun Guan, John Thacker and George Iliakis
Homologous recombination as a potential target for caffeine radiosensitization in mammalian cells: reduced caffeine radiosensitization in XRCC2 and XRCC3 mutants
Oncogene (2000) 19, 5788 - 5800
- Steven J. DiBiase, Zhao-Chong Zeng, Richard Chen, Terry Hyslop, Walter J. Curran, Jr., and George Iliakis
DNA-dependent Protein Kinase Stimulates an Independently Active, Nonhomologous, End-Joining Apparatus
CANCER RESEARCH 60, 1245–1253, March 1, 2000
- Jun Guan, Steven DiBiase and George Iliakis
The catalytic subunit DNA-dependent protein kinase (DNA-PKcs) facilitates recovery from radiation-induced inhibition of DNA replication
Nucleic Acids Research, 2000, Vol. 28, No. 5 1183-1192
- P. R. WACHSBERGER and G. ILIAKIS
Hyperthermia does not affect rejoining of DNA double-strand breaks in a cell-free assay
int. j. radiat. biol 2000, vol. 76, no. 3, 313 - 326