Prof. Dr. Khadijeh Mohri
Prof. Dr. Khadijeh Mohri
Carl-Benz Straße 199
Room: NETZ 1.10
Phone: +49-(0)203-379 8124
E-mail: khadijeh.mohri [at] uni-due.de
- Development and application of tomographic techniques in energy and process technology
- Tomographic imaging using multi-simultaneous measurements (TIMes)
- Three-dimensional diagnostics of non-reactive and reactive flows including flame-based nanoparticle synthesis processes
- Development of the Evolutionary reconstruction technique (ERT)
- Development of the Background-oriented schlieren tomography (BOST)
Professor (W1) at the University of Duisburg-Essen
2014 - 2015
Scientific researcher at the Chair of Fluid Dynamics - Institute for Combustion and Gas Dynamics, University of Duisburg-Essen. Post doctorate work in flame tomography with Prof. Dr. Ing. Andreas Kempf
2008 - 2011
Scientific researcher at the Institute for Combustion and Gas dynamics - Reactive Fluids, University of Duisburg-Essen. Post doctorate work in laser-induced fluorescence imaging with Prof. Dr. Christof Schulz
Visiting scholar at Stanford University USA, toluene laser-induced fluorescence imaging in an expansion shock tube, with Prof. Ron Hanson
2004 - 2008
Doctoral thesis at Imperial College London, UK with Prof. Richard Hillier.
Title: Supersonic flow over rectangular-section annular cavities
- Laminar and turbulent flow simulations
- Experimental Schlieren visualization of the flow and time-averaged surface pressure measurements
2000 - 2004
First Class Honours Masters (MEng) in Aerospace Engineering, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Group project: Aerodynamics of racing bicycles, design of the wheels and the full bicylce test rig
- Individual project: Effects of wing tip geometry and blowing on drag characteristics of two-dimensional wing sections in incompressible flows
Memberships and scientific activities
- Member of The Combustion Institute - German section
- Member of the Center for Nanointegration Duisburg-Essen (CENIDE)
- Member of the 5th Global Young Faculty (2017 - 2019), an initiative of the Stiftung Mercator in coorperation with the University Alliance Ruhr Research Centre, coordinated by the Mercator Research Center Ruhr in Essen
- Reviewer for several scientific journals, including: AIAA, Applied Optics, Applied Physics, Combustion and Flame, Experiments in Fluids, Optical Engineering, Optical Society of America, Progress in Energy and Combustion (PECS), Royal Aeronautical Journal, Shock Waves
- Invited talk at Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany (2018), title: Tomography in energy and process technology
- Invited talk at University of Applied Sciences Darmstadt, Germany (2019), title: Computed tomography for instantaneous 3D information to get the full picture
- Invited talk at the Gordon Research Conference - Laser Diagnostics in Energy and Combustion (2019), title: Flame tomography based on multi-simultaneous measurements and best practice in assessing volumetric reconstructions
- Guest editor at Energies journal (2019), special issue title: Tomographic and volumetric diagnostics in flames
- Research visit invitation from Nanjing University of Science and Technology, China (2019)
Reviewed journal publications
- K. Mohri, M. Luong, G. Vanhove, T. Dreier and C. Schulz. Imaging of the Oxygen distribution in an isothermal turbulent free jet using two-color toluene LIF imaging. Applied Physics B, 707-715, doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00340-011-4564-6 (2011).
- K. Mohri and R. Hillier. Computational and experimental study of supersonic flow over axisymmetric cavities. Shock Waves 175, doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00193-011-0312-4 (2011).
- A. Wohler, K. Mohri, C. Schulz and B. Weigand. Mixing processes in a compressible accelerated nozzle flow with blunt-body wakes. AIAA Journal, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.2514/1.J052493 (2014)
- K. Mohri, S. Görs, J. Schoeler, A. Rittler, T. Dreier, C. Schulz and A. Kempf. Instantaneous 3D-imaging of highly turbulent flames using Computed Tomography of Chemiluminescence, Applied Optics 56, 7385-7395, doi: https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.56.007385 (2017).
- S. J. Grauer, A. Unterberger, A. Rittler, K. J. Daun, A. M. Kempf and K. Mohri. Instantaneous 3D flame imaging by backgrounded-orientated schlieren tomography, Combustion and Flame 196, 284, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2018.06.022 (2018).
- S. J. Grauer, A. Unterberger, K. J. Daun, K. Mohri. Demonstration of instantaneous 3D flame reconstruction by background-orientated schlieren tomography. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute - Canadian Section, spring technical meeting, Toronto, Canada (2018).
- A. Unterberger, M. Röder, A. Giese, A. Al-Halbouni, A. Kempf and K. Mohri. 3D instantaneous reconstruction of turbulent industrial flames using Computed Tomography of Chemiluminescence (CTC), Journal of Combustion special issue on Coal and Biomass Combustion,doi:https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/5373829 (2018).
- A. Unterberger, A. Kempf and K. Mohri. 3D evolutionary reconstruction of scalar fields in the gas-phase. Energies 12:11, doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/en12112075 (2019).
- A. Unterberger, J. Menser, A. Kempf, K. Mohri. Evolutionary camera pose estimation of a multi-camera setup for computed tomography, proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, Taipei, Taiwan, doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIP.2019.8804398 (2019).
- E. Boigné, N. R. Bennett, A. Wang, K. Mohri, M. Ihme. Simultaneous in-situ measurements of gas temperature and pyrolysis of biomass smoldering via X-ray computed tomoraphy. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proci.2020.06.070 (2020).
- C. T. Foo, A. Unterberger, J. Menser, K. Mohri. Tomographic imaging using multi-simultaneous measurements (TIMes) for flame emission reconstructions. Optics Express 29, pp. 244-255, doi: https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.412048 (2021).
- G. Liu, M. Asif, J. Menser, T. Dreier, K. Mohri, C. Schulz, T. Endres. Spatial distribution of gas-phase synthesized germanium nanoparticle volume-fraction and temperature using combined in situ line-of-sight emission and extinction spectroscopy. Optics Express, in publication, doi: https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.418922 (2021).
- A. Unterberger, A. Kempf, K. Mohri. Phantom studies on a new evolutionary reconstruction technique applied to 3D scalar fields in the gas-phase. Poster at the 9th European Combustion meeting, Lisbon, Portugal (Apr. 2019).
- J. Menser, A. Unterberger, L. Cifuentec, A. Kempf, K. Mohri. Quantifying flame tomography reconstructions with the aid of DNS phantom data. Poster at the 37th International Symposium on Combustion, Dublin, Ireland (Jul.-Aug. 2018).
- A. Unterbeger, J. Menser, A. Kempf, K. Mohri. 3D evolutionary reconstruction of scalar fields: phantom study and application to a stratified flame. Poster at the 37th International Symposium on Combustion, Dublin, Ireland (Jul.-Aug. 2018).
- K. Mohri, J. Menser, A. Kempf, J. Trabold, S. Walther, D. Geyer. Instantaneous 3D imaging of the Temperature Controlled Piloted Jet Burner (TCPJB) flames using computed tomography of chemiluminescence (CTC). Poster at the 37th International Symposium on Combustion, Dublin, Ireland (Jul.-Aug. 2018).
- S. J. Grauer, A. Unterberger, T. A. Sipkens, A. M. Kempf, K. J. Daun. K. Mohri. Background-oriented schlieren tomography for instantaneous 3D combustion imaging. Poster at the 37th International Symposium on Combustion, Dublin, Ireland (Jul.-Aug. 2018).
- J. Menser, A. Unterberger, A. Kempf and K. Mohri. Instantaneous 3D imaging of turbulent stratified methane/air flames using computed tomography of chemiluminescence. Oral presentation, 5th International Conference on Experimental Fluid Mechanics (ICEFM), Munich (Jul. 2018).
- J. Menser, A. Unterberger, S. Grauer, A. Kempf and K. Mohri. Volumetric imaging of turbulent stratified premixed flames using tomography, background-orientated schlieren and high-speed imaging. Poster, Centre for Nano Integration Duisburg-Essen (CENIDE) conference, Bergische Gladbach (Feb. 2018).
- K. Mohri, M. Röder, A. Giese, A. Al-Halbouni and A. Kempf. 3D instantaneous reconstruction of a turbulent industrial burner flame using Computed Tomography of Chemiluminescence (CTC). Oral presentation, 3rd General Meeting and Workshop on SECs in Industry COST Action 1404 of the European Cooperation in Science and Technology, Prague (Oct. 2017).
- K. Mohri, M. Röder, A. Giese, A. Al-Halbouni, A. Kempf. Computed Tomography of Chemiluminescence (CTC): reconstructing turbulent laboratory and industrial flames. Poster, 28th Deutscher Flammentag, Darmstadt (Sep. 2017).
- J. Verbeke, A. Rittler, S. Görs, C. Schulz, A. Kempf and K. Mohri. Computed Tomography of Chemiluminescence (CTC): Effect of out-of-plane views on the quality of three-dimensional reconstruction of a turbulent swirl flame. Poster and paper, 8th European Combustion Meeting, Croatia, April 2017.
- K. Mohri, S. Görs, J. Schöler, T. Dreier, C. Schulz and A. Kempf. Tomographic reconstruction of the highly turbulent TECFLAM and unsteady Bunsen flames’ 3D instantaneous chemiluminescence field. Poster, 36th International Symposium on Combustion (2016).
- K. Mohri, A. Kempf. Computed tomography of chemiluminescence in asymmetric unsteady premised flames. Poster, 27th Deutscher Flammentag, VDI-Berichte Nr. 2267 (2015) 729-734.
- K. Mohri and A. Kempf. Computed tomography of chemiluminescence for 3D reconstructions of quasi-steady premixed flames. Talk and poster, Combustion Institute (British section) meeting, Imperial College London (2014).
- K. Mohri, A. Wohler, B. Weigand and C. Schulz. Toluene laser-induced fluorescence (LIF) imaging of supersonic flow within a diverging duct with injectors in the supersonic region. Oral presentation and conference paper: 29th International Symposium on Shock Waves, Madison (July 2013).
- V. Miller1, M. Gamba1, M. G. Mungal1,2 and R. K. Hanson1 (1Stanford University, Santa Clara 2University), K. Mohri3 and C. Schulz3 (3University of Duisburg-Essen). Toluene laser-induced fluorescence imaging of compressible flows in an expansion tube. American Physical Society, Division of Fluid Dynamics (November 2011). http://meetings.aps.org/link/BAPS.2011.DFD.M14.7.
- K. Mohri, A. Wohler, B. Weigand and C. Schulz. Toluene laser-induced fluorescence (LIF) imaging of supersonic flow within a diverging duct. Oral presentation and conference paper: 28th International Symposium on Shock Waves, Manchester (July 2011).
- A. Wohler, K. Mohri, C. Schulz and B. Weigand. Flow structures in subsonic-to-supersonic mixing processes using different injector geometries. Conference paper: 4th European Conference for Aerospace Sciences, St. Petersburg (June 2011).
- K. Mohri, C. Meffert, T. Dreier, G. Vanhove, G. Ramirez, M. Luong, and C. Schulz. Laser induced fluorescence imaging of oxygen distribution in inhomogenously mixed, isothermal turbulent flows. Poster presentation at the Gordon Research Conference "Laser Diagnostics in Combustion", Waterville village, NH (2009).
- C. Meffert, K. Mohri, T. Dreier and C. Schulz. High-repetition-rate UV-LIF measurements of toluene seeded gaseous flows. Poster presentation at the Gordon Research Conference "Laser Diagnostics in Combustion", Waterville village, NH (2009).
- K. Mohri and R. Hillier. Supersonic flow over axisymmetric cavities, P1570. Oral presentation and conference paper: 26th International Symposium on Shock Waves, Goettingen (July 2007).
- K. Mohri and R. Hillier. Supersonic flow over axisymmetric cavities. Oral presentation and conference paper at the AIAA-2007-4225, 37th Fluid Dynamics Conference and Exhibit, Miami (June 2007).