Christian Hunt, M.A.
University of Duisburg-Essen
Institut für Anglophone Studien
R12 S04 H85
Room R12 S04 H85
E-mail christian.hunt [at] uni-due.de
Phone +49 201 183-2997
Christian Hunt was born and raised in a mill town in North Carolina. The mill has been closed, but the town is still called Kannapolis (‘city of the looms’). He attended Davidson College, twenty minutes down the road, and graduated with B.A.'s in English and German in 2000. He ‘went up’ to Oxford, the one in England, not Mississippi, on a Rhodes Scholarship and earned an M.Phil. in English Literature (2002) and an M.St. in German Literature (2003) and ‘came down’ to Bonn, twinned with Oxford. He taught in the English Department at the University of Bonn from 2003 to 2006 and then returned to Würzburg, where he had spent a year abroad in 1998-99. He directed Davidson College's Junior Year Abroad program (2006-2007), walked his dog in Fürth, and is now pleased to be a Lektor at the University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Language Practice
- Cultural Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies (Literature and Music)
- German avant-garde group publications (Gruppe SPUR, Wiener Aktionismus, etc.)
- Nabokov Studies , book review of Aestheticism, Nabokov, and Lolita , Winter 2001.
- Various Translations, most recently for a forthcoming book project on avant-garde publications.
- Article on Gruppe SPUR forthcoming.
Courses Taught at the UDE
- Foundation Course Plus
- SLC I & II
- Introduction to American Civilization
- Introduction to American Postmodernism
- Regional Studies: The South
- Advanced Language Skills
- The History of American Music
Course Materials available from Kopiersysteme Ewald Priebe, Segerothstr. 81