Welcome to the International Chrysophyceae Symposium 8.-11.8.2022.
We are delighted to be holding the Chrysophyceae-Symposium this year at the University Duisburg-Essen. Preparation is now well underway for our Symposium, which will be an in-person meeting format following a two-year delay due to the global COVID-19 crisis. Following the focus of several previous symposia we will provide a forum to present work on all aspects of chrysophyte investigations including biodiversity, evolution, ecology, systematics, and experimental morphology. Although the overriding theme of the symposium will focus on chrysophytes, investigations of allied taxa as well as of other mixotrophic algae are welcome.
We are appalled at Russia’s attack on Ukraine and stand in solidarity with Ukrainian students and researchers. We fully support the statements made by the University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE), the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK), the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Federation of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS).
- Statement of the University Duisburg-Essen
- Statement from the HRK
- Statement from the DAAD
- Statement from FEMS
Academia and research bring people together from all over the world to collectively solve problems. In this context, we call on the Russian government to end this invasion immediately and we see it as our duty to translate our positions on peacefulness and tolerance into reality – particularly at a time in which long-standing certainties of international coexistence are disintegrating. Ukrainian researchers and students may contact us for financial support for attending the symposium.
The registration is now open!
Jens Boenigk, Christina Bock, Daniela Beisser
Sarah DeVaul Princiotta
Linked to the Chrysophyte Symposium we plan to publish proceedings in a special issue of Fottea, provided that there are enough contributions. Therefore, we would like to know in advance if you are planning a contribution to the proceedings. Please confirm your interest to contribute to this special issue and provide us with a preliminary title/aim of the contribution.
- We would be very glad for contributions on any aspects of chrysophyte research, including ecology, biogeography, taxonomy, etc. However, mere floristic and descriptive papers should be avoided unles they are supplemented by hypotheses testing or taxonomic conclusions.
- There is a limit of 12 papers. If the limit is exceeded, the papers will be published as regular papers in subsequent Fottea issue.
- Please submit the manuscripts via the Fottea online system (https://fottea.czechphycology.cz/register.php?afteraction=/revartsetting.php).
- Submissions should be be prepared for publication according to the journal submission guidelines (https://fottea.czechphycology.cz/artkey/inf-990000-2200_Instructions_for_authors.php).
Please mention "Chryso-proceedings" at the top of the Cover Letter. The deadline to submit the manuscripts is 31th August.
- Each paper submitted for this Special Issue will go through peer-review process by at least two reviewers.
- submission of preliminary title/aim of the contribution for the conference proceedings until April, 15th
- Manuscript submission deadline (conference proceedings): end of August 2022
- Notification of acceptance:
- Publication conference proceedings (tentative): 2023/2 issue
- Early Bird registration (by 15. May 2022)
Dr. Christina Bock