Welcome to the International Chrysophyceae Symposium 2020
It is my greatest pleasure to hereby announce the 10th International Chrysophyte Symposium to be held from August 31st to September 3rd, 2020 at the University of Duisburg-Essen in Essen, Germany.
Following the focus of several previous symposia we will provide a forum to present work on all aspects of chrysophyte investigations including biodiversity, evolution, ecology, systematics, and experimental morphology. Although the overriding theme of the symposium will focus on chrysophytes, investigations of allied taxa as well as of other mixotrophic algae are welcome.
In times of rapid methodological improvements in several scientific fields, especially in molecular ecology, an exciting progress in mapping environmental diversity and in evaluating molecular diversity has been achieved. However, these observations often lack the precise link to taxonomic and morphological data. With the 10th International Chrysophyte Symposium and the coinciding opening of the CCAC collection in its new location at the University of Duisburg-Essen we hope to help filling this gap and to provide stimuli for future research avenues.
Looking forward to seeing you in Essen!
With warm regards,
Sarah DeVaul Princiotta
Linked to the Chrysophyte Symposium we plan to publish proceedings in a special issue of Fottea. Please confirm your interest to contribute to this special issue until 15th February and provide us with a preliminary title/aim of the contribution.
- We would be very glad for contributions on any aspects of chrysophyte research, including ecology, biogeography, taxonomy, etc. However, mere floristic and descriptive papers should be avoided unles they are supplemented by hypotheses testing or taxonomic conclusions.
- There is a limit of 12 papers. If the limit is exceeded, the papers will be published as regular papers in subsequent Fottea issue.
- Please submit the manuscripts via the Fottea online system (https://fottea.czechphycology.cz/register.php?afteraction=/revartsetting.php).
- Submissions should be be prepared for publication according to the journal submission guidelines (https://fottea.czechphycology.cz/artkey/inf-990000-2200_Instructions_for_authors.php).
Please mention "Chrysophyte symposium" in the title page.
- Each paper submitted for this Special Issue will go through peer-review process by at least two reviewers.
- submission of preliminary title/aim of the contribution for the conference proceedings until February, 15th
- Manuscript submission deadline (conference proceedings): September 30, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: January 01, 2021
- Publication conference proceedings (tentative): November 2021 (2021/2 volume)
- Early Bird registration (by 15. May 2020)
- Deadline for abstract submission (oral &poster): 10.7.2020
Dr. Christina Bock