Welcome to the faculty!
Studying for a doctorate at the UDE
We are pleased that you are interested in studying for your doctorate at the UDE.
Doctoral applicants are responsible for finding their own academic supervisor and proposing a scientific topic. If your suggested topic is accepted, you can apply to the International Office with the letter of agreement of the supervising professor:
- Please apply online to the International Office.
- Applications can be made at any time (except for Research Training Groups).
- If you are not writing your dissertation in German, you also need written confirmation from the doctoral board of the relevant department as to which language the dissertation is to be written in.
- You will find the main research topics of the faculties here.
- An overview of the Research Training Groups is available here.