Interdisciplinary Centre for Educational Research
Welcome to the Interdisciplinary Centre for Educational Research!
Due to the great social importance of Educational Research, the University Duisburg-Essen has founded the Interdisciplinary Centre for Educational Research (IZfB) on 01.01.2016. Here, the former „Centre for Empirical Educational Research“ (ZeB) and the „Methods Centre for Qualitative Educational Research“ (MzQB) have united under one roof. The new centre will thus address the educational issue in research and development on a widespread scientific basis.
Our Focus Educational Research at the UDE
The new centre is meant to structurally strengthen Educational Research at the University of Duisburg-Essen on a long term, to support its internationality and interdisciplinary character and to generate reform processes in the educational area. The basic aim of the cross-faculty, interdisciplinary institution is the promotion of Educational Research and corresponding development projects as well as the dissemination of results.
In order to do justice to the great significance of basic research, as well as transfer- and practice-orientated applied research, the new interdisciplinary centre will deal with educational subjects on a widespread scientific level.
Therefore, the new centre supports
- The coordinated public image of competence of the University Duisburg-Essen in the field
- Educational Research. It presents outstanding performance by means of various media, also
- into educational reality.
- The broad exchange between researchers from different disciplines and part disciplines of different faculties on theories, methods and results of Educational Research.
- The exchange with other central institutions of the UDE, especially the Centre for Teacher Training and the Centre for Higher Education and Quality Development
- Cooperations within Educational Research
- within the University Duisburg-Essen
- with other Centres for Higher Education, especially the cooperation with regard to questions on education-related research, development and academic teaching with the two other Centres of Higher Education of the University Alliance Ruhr
- with non-university scientific institutions
- with other partners from institutions in economy, politics, culture and society.
- With the launching, application and realization of research projects, especially of coordinated programs and joint projects as well as with the transfer of results.
- The promotion of PhD students and young scientists
- The mobility and exchange of scientists from home and abroad
- Collaboration in national and international scientific associations and federation of Edcuational Research
- A systematical networking of education-related research and tuition and an interdisciplinary training
- The realization of seminars, workshops, colloquia, lecture series and cycles.