Language and Culture
Through classes and excursions, the participants will have the chance to become more familiar with the German language and culture, with a focus on the Rhine and Ruhr Area. In addition to classes in the first week of the program, students will also take part in excursions to cultural highlights and historical sites in Duisburg, Essen, and beyond.
In the cities of Duisburg and Essen, visits to the following places are planned:
- Duisburg Inner Harbor
- Lehmbruck Museum, Duisburg
- World Heritage Site Zollverein Coal Mine Industrial Complex
and Ruhrmuseum, Essen
- Museum Folkwang, Essen
Additionally, trips to the following cities will take place:
- Amsterdam, Netherlands (www.iamsterdam.com)
- Bonn, Germany (www.bonn.de/index.html?lang=en)
- Cologne, Germany (www.koeln.de/cologne_tourist_information)
All above-mentioned excursions are included in the program fee. The culture and language program is offered in cooperation with the Section for International Affairs of the Faculty of Humanities at UDE.
Subject to change.
Photo: © Wikipedia