IFIP TC 7 Conference 2018 on System Modelling and Optimization
IFIP TC 7 Conference on System Modelling and Optimization
Essen, July 23-27, 2018
In a cycle of two years, the International Federation for Information Processing Technical Committee 7 - System Modeling and Optimization - arranges highly regarded conferences on several topics of Applied Optimization such as Optimal Control of Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations, Modeling and Simulation, Inverse Problems, Nonlinear, Discrete, and Stochastic Optimization and Industrial Applications.
The 28th IFIP TC7 Conference 2018 took place on the Essen campus of the University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE), Germany. The organizer is the Faculty of Mathematics at the UDE.
The 29th IFIP TC7 Conference will take place September 2020 at the Escuela Politécnica National in Quito, Ecuador. The local organizing committee is chaired by Juan Carlos De los Reyes.
International scientific committee
Chair: Fredi Tröltzsch
- Adrie J.M. Beulens
- Frédéric Bonnans
- Maria C. Calzarossa
- Hector Cancela
- Josep Casanovas
- Dietmar Hömberg
- Barbara Kaltenbacher
- Hisao Kameda
- Alain Larsen
- Irena Lasiecka
- Vyacheslav Maksimov
- Istvan Maros
- Jose Antonio Oliveira
- Jiri Outrata
- Stefan Scholtes
- Edmundo de Souza e Silva
- Lukasz Stettner
- Philippe Toint
- Lidija Zadnik Stirn
- Christian Clason (Uni Duisburg-Essen)
- Christian Meyer (TU Dortmund)
- Arnd Rösch (Uni Duisburg-Essen)
- Gerhard Starke (Uni Duisburg-Essen)
- Irwin Yousept (Uni Duisburg-Essen)
Please contact for any questions.
- Pierre Cardaliaguet (Université Paris-Dauphine)
Some aspects of Mean Field Games
- Helmut Harbrecht (Universität Basel)
Analytical and numerical methods in shape optimization
- Ralf Kornhuber (Freie Universität Berlin)
Particles in Membranes
- Karl Kunisch (Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz)
Monotone and primal-dual algorithms for optimization problems involving ℓᵖ-like functionals with p ∈ [0,1)
- Marta Lewicka (University of Pittsburgh)
Models for thin prestrained structures
- Carola-Bibiane Schönlieb (Cambridge University)
Deep and shallow learning approaches for regularised inversion in imaging
- Tamás Terlaky (Lehigh University)
A novel approach to discrete truss design problems
- Benedikt Wirth (Universität Münster)
Optimal transport metrics for applications in data processing
List of Minisymposia
The following is a list of accepted minisymposia.
- A posteriori error estimation and adaptivity (C. Kreuzer, I. Smears)
- Algorithmic challenges in PDE-constrained optimization (S. Götschel, M. Siebenborn)
- Analysis, stability, and sensitivity of optimal control problems (I. Neitzel, D. Wachsmuth)
- Control and optimization for PDE-based models and applications (M. Gugat, F. Tröltzsch)
- Feedback control of nonlinear systems (T. Breiten, L. Pfeiffer)
- Honoring the work of Igor Chueshov (I. Lasiecka, J. Webster)
- Inverse problems and optimal control approaches in socio-economic applications (J.-F. Pietschmann, M.-T. Wolfram)
- Inversion, estimation and control of uncertain distributed dynamical systems (S. Avdonin, V. Maksimov)
- Modelling and control in mechanical and biomedical systems (N. Botkin, V. Turova)
- Modeling and optimization of networked systems (A. Festa, S. Göttlich, S. Knapp)
- New trends in variational and Lavrentiev regularization for ill-posed problems (B. Hofmann, R. Plato)
- Numerical analysis of PDE constrained optimal control (W. Gong, B. Jin, B. Li)
- Optimal experimental design (R. Herzog, E. Kostina)
- Optimal transport and applications (B. Schmitzer, B. Wirth)
- Qualitative analysis and control theoretic properties of evolutionary partial differential equations (G. Avalos, P.G. Geredeli)
- Selected aspects of modelling thermally induced damage and fracture (F. Bertrand, C. Birk)
- Shape optimization: theory and practice (A. Paganini, K. Sturm)
- Statistical and variational methods for inverse problems (C. Brune, M. Schlottbom)
- Stochastic modeling and control (L. Stettner)
- Theory and numerics for optimal control problems with PDEs (A. Kröner, M. Winkler)
- Time-dependent inverse problems (B. Kaltenbacher, A. Wald)
- Variational inequalities and nonsmooth PDE-constrained optimization (L. Betz, C. Christof)
The following social activities were included in the programme:
- A welcome reception at the Café Brücke on Monday evening.
- An excursion to Zeche Zollverein on Wednesday afternoon.
- A conference dinner at the restaurant Die Kokerei following the excursion on Wednesday.
For details and directions, please see the conference booklet.
Registration is closed.
The conference fee includes the scientific program, lunches and coffee breaks during the conference. Participation in the social program can be booked separately.
|Submission of minisymposium proposals||30.11.2017|
|Notification of acceptance||31.12.2017|
|Submission of abstracts||28.02.2018|
|Notification of acceptance||14.03.2018|
|Early bird registration deadline||31.03.2018|
|Final registration deadline||31.05.2018|
The workshop was held at the main campus and the Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Duisburg-Essen.
The closest airport is Düsseldorf Flughafen, from which many regional trains run to Essen Hauptbahnhof. From there, you can take any subway to the station Berliner Platz.