Hegemonic Change of Watch – Will China replace the United States as dominant world power?
Under Xi Jinping, the Chinese government takes a different stance on foreign policy that is shaped by a confident appearance in the international arena and new political and economic alliances. Does China challenge the supremacy of the United States of America? What would be the influence on our existing world order? These and further question will be addressed by
- Dr. Claudia Derichs (moderation), Philipps-University Marburg and Käte Hamburger Kolleg
- Dr. Thomas Heberer, University of Duisburg-Essen
- Dr. Markus Taube, University of Duisburg-Essen
- Volker Stanzel, Ambassador a.D.
- Danhong Zhang, Journalist with the Deutsche Welle
When? March 11th, 2015, 6:30pm
Where? Tectrum — Technologiezentrum in Duisburg, Atrium Tec-Tower, Bismarckstraße 120–142, 47057 Duisburg-Neudorf