In 2020, the annual D-CON meeting of German scientists working in the area of Concurrency Theory will take place on the 12th and 13th of March at Universität Duisburg-Essen. For information on previous editions of D-CON, see the website of the GI working group Concurrency Theory.
The meeting is organized by the Theoretical computer science group.
- Workshop: March 12-13, 2020
- Informal dinner: March 11, 2020, evening (18:30-...), Finkenkrug (Sternbuschweg 71, very close to university)
- Dinner: March 12, 2020, evening (18:30-...), L'Osteria (Schifferstraße 190, bus 934 from main station or a 3km walk)
Download the schedule here (last updated: 2020-03-11) - Short URL: udue.de/dcon2020prog
Call for Contributions
We invite researchers in the area of Concurrency Theory for contributions to D-CON 2020. If you would like to give a talk, please send a title and short abstract to email@example.com and keep in mind the newly established different talk lengths. Please choose one of the following talk lengths that suits the scope of your presented work best:
- Regular talk (45 min)
- Tutorial talk (30 min)
- Lightning talk (15 min)
The deadline for contribution proposals is on the 25th of January 2020.
- Ana Sokolova, University of Salzburg
- Paolo Baldan, University of Padova
The conference will be held at campus Duisburg:
See the map for details (click to enlarge)
We would like to encourage all the participants to rely on environmentally-friendly means of transport as much as possible. We will offer fee reductions to all those that arrive by train, bike or other means of transport that minimize carbon emissions.
Duisburg is located in the Rhine-Ruhr area and is easy to reach with long-distance trains (Duisburg Hbf).
From the main station, Campus Duisburg is easily reached from the main station without changing lines:
- Bus 933 from Duisburg Hbf Osteingang (bus platform 1) to Universität Duisburg (every 15 minutes)
- Bus 926 from Duisburg Hbf Osteingang (bus platform 1) to Uni Nord Lotharstraße (every 30 minutes) + 300m by foot
- Tram 901 from Duisburg Hbf (underground tram platform 3) to Zoo/Uni (every 15 minutes) + 600m by foot
Public transport schedules can be easily obtained online e.g. efa.vrr.de.
Tickets (Preisstufe A) can be bought directly from the bus driver. No ticket sale on trams (use ticket vending machines at the station entrance).
The official city webpage has a list of hotels.
Hotels at the main station or in the city center allow you to easily reach the campus using bus lines 933, 924, 926 or the tram line 901.
In particular the hotels "Ibis Hotel Hauptbahnhof" and "Rheinischer Hof" have convenient locations.