Arbeitsgruppe Prof. Dr. Elke Sumfleth
PhD (Organic Chemistry), Hamburg University (Prof. Dr. H. Paulsen)
Habilitation (Chemistry Education), Essen University
Substitute Professor of Vocational Education with Specialisation in Cosmetics/Hairdressing, Essen University
Associate Professor of Chemistry Education, Essen University
Offer of a Full Professorship in Science Education, Stockholm Institute of Education, Sweden, declined
Offer of a Full Professorship in Science Education, Hamburg University, declined
Full Professor of Chemistry Education, Duisburg-Essen University
Head of the DFG Research Training Group 902
"Teaching and Learning of Science"
Head of the DFG Research Group 2242
"Academic learning and academic success during university entry phase in natural and engineering sciences"
- since 2018
Seniorprofessorship, Duisburg-Essen University
Empirical Research in Chemistry Education
- Academic Teaching and Learning of Chemistry - more...
- Competence Measurement - more...
- Concept Mapping in Chemistry - more...
- Context-oriented Chemistry Teaching - more...
- Improvement of Experimental Learning Environments - more...
- Investigations on Homework Assignments in Chemistry Education - more...
- Professional Knowledge of Chemistry Teachers - more...
- Visualisation of Chemical Content- more...
- Worked-out Examples in Chemistry Teaching - more...
Collaborative Research Projects
- Joint Researcher Training Initiative
"Finnish-German Research Training Group:
Research in Teaching and Learning of Science"
- Evaluation of the German National Educational Standards in Science (ESNaS) - Link
- Ganz In - All-Day Schools for a Brighter Future.
The New All-Day Secondary School in NRW - Link
- Research Group 2242
"Academic learning and academic success during university entry phase in natural and engineering sciences" - Link
Teaching Materials – Download for Teachers (German)
- Worked-Out Examples for Science Courses - Link
- Instructional Materials for Science Courses (Grades 5 and 6)
- Concept Mapping Training - pdf-file
- Structuring Training - pdf-file
- Instructional Materials for Science Courses (Grade 7): Experimental Tasks Concerning Acids and Bases - pdf-file