International Relations Section, Faculty of Humanities
The Section for International Relations introduces itself
We coordinate the international activities of the Faculty of Humanities
- Advice on all aspects of international programs
- Academic support of incoming and outgoing students of the faculty and faculty cooperation, arrangement of learning agreements, preparation of transcripts of records, discussion of examination performance - coordination between incoming students and faculty lecturers
- Organization and implementation of international programs
- Awarding of scholarships
- Selection and supervision of Erasmus incoming and outgoing students of German Studies and DaF/DaZ; recognition of examination results from abroad
- negotiation, conclusion of cooperation agreements
We are not a central institution or an administrative institution, first and foremost we are an academic institution that also takes care of administration and formalities.
We are a sub-department of the Dean's Office for Humanities and thus the link in international affairs:
- between the central administration and the dean
- between the chairs of the faculty and the dean
- between incomings of our faculty and other faculties
- between Incomings and Outgoings within different subjects of our faculty
- between incoming and outgoing students of our faculty and the central administration, e.g. the International Office and, if applicable, the Examination Office.
In all international questions we are
- Advisor to the students and all staff members of our faculty
- mediator between administration and faculty, chairs, dean
- Advisor to the chairs of the faculty and the dean
- Mediator and advisor between foreign institutions/universities and the chairs of the faculty
We manage, advise and work creatively on the implementation of international contacts and meetings.
Head of Section: FRAU RAMONA KARATAS M.A.
University of Duisburg-Essen
01.04. - 14.07.2023
17.07. - 30.09.2023
Appointments can also be made outside of regular office hours by arrangement.
Please note: on Monday, September 11th no office hours