RTG 2131 - Workshop 2018
Markov processes on metric measure spaces and Gaussian ﬁelds
2018 February 15th - 16th
at University Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Organized by Wolfgang Löhr (Chemnitz) and Anita Winter (Duisburg-Essen)
This workshop is part of the qualification program of the Research Training Group 2131, "High-dimensional Phenomena in Probability - Fluctuations and Discontinuity", funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft.
The purpose of the Workshop is to bring together in an informal atmosphere, young and established researchers who are interested in Markov processes on geometric structures, potential theory, Gaussian (free) fields and their connections.
- Siva Athreya (Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore)
- Adam Bowditch (University of Warwick)
- Alexander Drewitz (University of Cologne)
- Nathalie Eisenbaum (University Paris 5)
- Mikolaj Kasprzak (Oxford University)
- Eva Kopfer (University of Bonn)
- Oren Louidor (Technion, Haifa)
- Kohei Suzuki (University of Bonn)
Start: Tuesday, 15.02.2018 at 10:30 h.
End: Friday, 16.02.2018 at 16:30 h.
Venue and Travel:
The workshop takes place in Room WSC-N-U-3.04 on the 3rd floor of the Department of Mathematics building in Essen.
Address: Thea-Leymann-Str. 9, 45127 Essen.
See here for information how to get there.
From within Germany, Essen can easily be reached by train.
The closest international airport is Düsseldorf (DUS) (about 20 min by direct train connection).
We will arrange the accomodation for the invited speakers at Hotel Motel One.
For participants we recommend the following hotels, which all are including breakfast.
- Motel One, a central hotel within walking distance of 1 km to the department.
- Holiday In Express is situated directly across to the Department of Mathematics building, where the Workshop takes place.
- Rheinischer Hof is located in Essen - Rüttenscheidt, a favourite cultural district in Essen which has good traffic connection to the department (6 min by Metro U11). Booking includes a ticket for public traffic within Ruhrgebiet, even the travel by regional trains from airport Düsseldorf to Essen.
Participation in the workshop is free of charge. For organisational purposes, a registration is welcome. If you would like to attend the workshop, please go to Registration and fill out the form provided there.
Local organization and Contact: