Heisenberg-AG Dr. Eric Parteli
Our research focuses on the physics of Earth surface particulate materials, and on the dynamic processes of these materials under the action of wind, fluvial and gravitational forces. Specifically, we develop computational tools to quantitatively describe the interactions of the particles with each other and the feedbacks between their transport processes and the Earth's geomorphology, biosphere and atmosphere, from the particle to the continental scale. Our research topics range from wind-blown sand and dust to the coupled regional hydrological land surface modelling, and include applications in natural hazard risk assessment, geochronology, among various fields of the climate, geological, engineering and planetary sciences.
- 29.09.2021: New Frontiers Research Topic Physics and Modelling of Landslides is now open for submissions!
- 13.09.2021: Paper by Filip Elekes published in PNAS. The paper presents a model for the angle of repose of granular materials as a function of particle size and gravity. Media coverage here.
- 30.07.2021: Dr. Eric Parteli selected for the Global Young Faculty VII
- 01.06.2021: Konrad-Adenauer Fellow Tariq Fadel joins our group. Tariq will model atmospheric boundary layer flows. Welcome Tariq!
- 10.05.2021: Dr. Eric Parteli receives the AGU Editors’ Citation for Excellence in Refereeing
- 13.04.2021: Paper by Sandesh Kamath accepted as oral presentation at Powders & Grains 2021
- 31.03.2021: Dr. Eric Parteli awarded the Doctoral granting rights ('Promotionsrecht')
- 12.02.2021: Huizhong Wang joins the group as a Bachelor candidate in Energy Science. Welcome Huizhong!
- 23.11.2020: Heisenberg Programme of Dr. Eric Parteli featured by ak[due]ll
- 01.10.2020: Dr. Eric Parteli starts as Heisenberg Fellow at the Faculty of Physics of the University of Duisburg-Essen