Blocked Bank Account
From 1 January 2020, the presumed annual requirement that must be paid into the blocked account when applying for a visa will increase to 10,236 euros. This increased amount applies to all visa applications submitted from 1 September 2019.
But on time of arrival (in addition to rental, registration and living costs) you also need to pay semester contribution of actually 313.18 € to enrol at the University.
Also please remember that you will have to pay these additional costs every new semester and therefore need to have enough money on your account.
If you want to open a blocked account as a proof of sufficient financial resources for studying in Germany and be able to prove the financing of your stay in federal republic, you can turn to every bank in Germany. An inland residence is not necessary for the opening of a blocked account.
One possibility is to ask at Deutsche Bank proceeding as follows:
- you can request the necessary documents for opening a blocked account via email email@example.com and you will receive them back per email.
- you sign the filled out forms and submit them, as well as a copy of your passport in the General Consulate/Embassy.
- after this you send the filled and certified forms to:
Deutsche Bank Privat- und Geschäftskunden AG
Spezialservice Ausländische Studenten
Alter Wall 53
- the above mentioned office in Hamburg arranges the opening of an account with the office of the future residence and informs you directly, without intervention of the General Consulate, by post and parallel by email about the account number, BLZ and IBAN of the opened account.
- finally you transfer the necessary amount to the furnished account and prove this to the German Embassy/Consulate in your home country.
Another possibility is Coracle:
- here you can request a blocked bank account online from your home country
- also possible for minors
- step by step assistance for the application process, the Coracle team speaks 10 different languages
- additional offer for statutory health insurance
- Coracle Prime: 12 months for 59€