An international four-week-programme and part of a new BA (BA+ Globale und Transnationale Soziologie) initiative in Comparative and Transnational Studies of the Department of Sociology at the University Duisburg-Essen. You can find some very important information here.
What is the Summer School?
The Summer School is part of a new BA (BA+ Globale und Transnationale Soziologie) initiative in Comparative and Transnational Studies of the Department of Sociology at the University Duisburg-Essen, and supported by strong research activities of the faculty in comparative, global and transnational sociology. Professors teaching at the summer school are also members of the Institute of Work, Skills and Training, and the Institute of East Asian Studies.
- The summer school will take place from June 7 until July 1, 2021
- Two blocks with two classes each to choose from
- Taught in English
- Earn up to 12 ECTS (Credits may differ, depending on your home university)
- Free weekends to explore Germany and Europe
- Meet people from all over the world, experience student life at UDE and make new friends
- Take a look at the classes we offer this year!
- Learn more about our university and student life in Duisburg.
How to apply
To apply, please submit the application form and your transcript of records to soc internat@uni due.de . Please make sure that the application form has been signed and stamped by your exchange coordinator.
Applications are now open and due on March 31, 2021. Early applications are recommended and will receive preferential review prior to the deadline.
FAQ for international students
Do I need to speak German? → No, not at all! The classes are held in English.
Do I need a visa for my stay at University of Duisburg-Essen? → Depending on your citizenship you might need a visa. Generally speaking all international students outside of the EU require a visa for stays in Germany. For more information click here.