An international four-week-programme and part of a new BA (BA+ Globale und Transnationale Soziologie) initiative in Comparative and Transnational Studies of the Department of Sociology at the University Duisburg-Essen. You can find some very important information here.
What is the Summer School?
The Summer School is part of a new BA (BA+ Globale und Transnationale Soziologie) initiative in Comparative and Transnational Studies of the Department of Sociology at the University Duisburg-Essen, and supported by strong research activities of the faculty in comparative, global and transnational sociology. Professors teaching at the summer school are also members of the Institute of Work, Skills and Training, and the Institute of East Asian Studies.
- The summer school will take place from June 13 to July 8, 2022
- Two blocks with two classes each to choose from
- Taught in English
- Earn up to 12 ECTS (Credits may differ, depending on your home university)
- Free weekends to explore Germany and Europe
- Meet people from all over the world, experience student life at UDE and make new friends
- Take a look at the classes we offered in 2022!
- Learn more about our university and student life in Duisburg.
How to apply
To apply, please submit the application form and your transcript of records to soc internat@uni due.de . Please make sure that the application form has been signed and stamped by your exchange coordinator.
Applications are now open and due on March 31, 2022. Early applications are recommended and will receive preferential review prior to the deadline.
Experience the Erasmus feeling during a short exchange!Inequality in Europe and beyond: Two connected courses in Maynooth and Duisburg
A new Blended Intensive Programme allows sociology-students to go abroad for a short period of time
- consisting of two seminars
- cooperation between the universities of Duisburg-Essen, Maynooth (Dublin, Ireland), Salzburg (Austria) and the METU (Ankara, Turkey)
- courses consist of two intensive in-person weeks and online-learning sessions
- application deadlines differ for both seminar registration and summer school application
All central information is collected in this flyer.
Due to the novel concept that has only recently become part of the Erasmus exchange portfolio, we strongly suggest that everyone interested in participating in these seminars attend the online-info-session on Wednesday, January 19th, 14-16 CET/15-17 GMT) (Zoom-Link)
The lecturers of the seminar will talk about the course concept and we will tell you all about costs, funding and all further arrangements, as well as about the selection process.
This short-term programme is a great opportunity for all students, especially for those who cannot spend a full semester studying abroad, and we look forward to seeing many of you during the information event. We hope to continue to offer similar programmes in future years.
The application form will be put online following the information session.
Please note: Only the second seminar in June is officially part of the Summer School programme.
FAQ for international students
Do I need to speak German? → No, not at all! The classes are held in English.
Do I need a visa for my stay at University of Duisburg-Essen? → Depending on your citizenship you might need a visa. Generally speaking all international students outside of the EU require a visa for stays in Germany.