Curriculum Water Science - Admission/Enrollment/Funding
Students can enroll from a variety of backgrounds. We expect a university bachelor degree in natural sciences or engineering with chemical, analytical and biological / microbiological contents, including generally an experimental bachelor thesis on a topic relevant in the field of Water Science.
Further requirements are:
- a GPA (final grade) of at least 3.0 or better (German System)
- good command of English (a copy of a English language proficiency certificate with at least TOEFL 100 (internet based) or IELTS 6.5)
- documented practical courses in essential chemical, analytical and microbiological topics
- a letter of recommendation by their home institution (non-EU/EEA)
- an application form (download from https://www.uni-due.de/water-science/index.php)
- CHINESE students please note: You have to provide an APS certificate along with your application documents
Germans, foreign students with a German Abitur and EU/ EWR citizens should apply at:
University Duisburg-Essen Department of Chemistry Examination Committee Dr. Jolanta Polkowska, Universitaetsstr. 5, 45141 Essen, Germany.
Interested students from outside EU/EWR should officially apply :
via our international office since they handle the administrative procedure and check the final grade achieved after transfer to German equivalents.
You may have a look at the web sites of the international office at:
or go directly to the online application area at:
The deadline for Application via the international office is June 15 for the course starting in October.
For information on further funding opportunities see for example https://www.uni-due.de/international/finanzierung.php