The formal requirements to apply for the EnviTox Master's programme include:
- A University degree (BSc, MSc, University Diploma (e.g. Universitätsdiplom), State Examination (e.g. Staatsexamen)) in Biology, Chemistry, Water Science or Environmental Sciences in the Natural Science domain
- a degree from a University of Professional Education (e.g. BSc, MSc, Diploma (Fachhochschuldiplom, HBO diploma) in one of the above mentioned study programmes.
- A german grade of at least 3.0 (the international grades will be translated during the application process)
- At least 15 credits in two of the following three areas of expertise:
- Environmental Sciences
- Practical knowledge in biological and/or analytical laboratory methods
- A practical bachelor thesis relevant for the field of Environmental Toxicology, equivalent in the standard of a Bachelorthesis in Biology/Chemistry at the University of Duisburg-Essen.
- An English certification of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) with a level of at least B2
(or IELTS 6.5 and higher).