M.Sc. Environmental Toxicology (EnviTox)
The start of the EnviTox programme is on a yearly basis for the winter term. This starts in October.
The application committee starts to evaluate applications in March and application deadlines are 15th of June for international students and 15th of July for European students.
For the application an application form including a letter of motivation, and a summary of the bachelor has to be filled (the application form will be online from Jan 2020 on). If the last degree was not received in Germany, then please add
- a translation of the degree certificates, made by an officially recognised translator in English, in case the original documents are not written in German or English;
- copies of all transcripts or other academic records that give proof of the undergraduate studies including credits and grades achieved in each single subject;
- A translation in English of the transcripts and records, in case the original documents are not written in German or English.
- We do need an electronic copy of your bachelor thesis. Please send it with your documents on a CD or DVD.
Your transcript of records has to be officially notified by an official institution (e.g. your university, a lawyer or by us). Simple copies will not be recognized by the application committee. If you want to notify your document by us, please visit the study advisor at her consultation hour and bring your originals as well as copies. Then she will notify your copies and you can take the originals home again.
Further, please add an English language certificate. As equivalent to a B2 level (CEFR) are generally accepted:
· for German students only!: eight years of English lessons within the school, certified by a notified “Abiturzeugnis”
· A language certification of a language examination according to CEFR, with a level of B2 or higher from your university or other (also privat) language schools
· A TOEFL Test with 100 points or more (itB)
· An IELTS Test with 6.5 points or more
Germans and foreign students with a Bachelor degree from Germany or the EU/ EWR should apply at:
Faculty of Biology
Deadline is July, 15th for a start in October
Students, which graduated outside EU/EWR have to fill the above mentioned application form (the application form will be online from Jan 2020 on) and have to fill additionally an online application.
Please send the filled application form as well as the printed version of the online application form to:
University of Duisburg-Essen
Deadline is June, 15th for a start in October. Due to long waiting times for visa, we urgently ask you to send your documents in before June, 15th. We are checking documents from the beginning of March on.
After receiving your application, the EnviTox Examination Board will make an assessment. We will inform you about the Board’s decision at the latest in mid of August.