M.Sc. Environmental Toxicology (EnviTox)
The start of the EnviTox programme is on a yearly basis for the winter term. This starts in October.
The application committee starts to evaluate applications as soon as the application portal opens, in 2021 the online application platform for international students will open in April . We recommend to apply before 15th of June for international students and 15th of July for European students. Late applications must expect a longer processing time.
For the application everyone has to fill a faculty application form including a letter of motivation, and a summary of the bachelor thesis has to be filled. Furthermore you will have to show in which areas you have already learned practical methods. If your last degree was not received in Germany, then please add
- a translation of the degree certificates, made by an officially recognised translator in English, in case the original documents are not written in German or English;
- copies of all transcripts or other academic records that give proof of the undergraduate studies including credits and grades achieved in each single subject;
- A translation in English of the transcripts and records, in case the original documents are not written in German or English.
- From international students we do need an electronic copy of your bachelor thesis.
Further, please add an English language certificate. As equivalent to a B2 level (CEFR) are generally accepted:
· for German students only!: eight years of English lessons within the school, certified by a notified “Abiturzeugnis”
· A language certification of a language examination according to CEFR, with a level of B2 or higher from your university or other (also privat) language schools
· A TOEFL Test with 100 points or more (itB)
· An IELTS Test with 6.5 points or more
· If English is an official language in your country of origin, it may be sufficient to submit proof that English was the language of instruction at school and university. However, if the level of English in the application appears to be too low, the admissions committee may require a certified English test (eg IELTS or TOELF) afterwards.
Germans and foreign students with a Bachelor degree from Germany or the EU/ EWR should apply at:
Faculty of Biology
Please apply not earlier than April but before July, 15th for a start in October to avoid long processing times.
Students, which graduated outside EU/EWR have to register in the online applications portal and upload the form and their documents into the portal.
Please apply before June, 15th for a start in October, to avoid long processing times. Application period starts in April (for 2021). Until then the online application tool does not offer the application for EnviTox.
After receiving your application, the EnviTox Examination Board will make an assessment. We will inform you about the Board’s decision at the latest in mid of August. As the visa process can be very lengthy, we ask all international students to send their application as early as possible.