CAD in Civil Engineering
MSc Computational Mechanics
Mode of teaching: lecture, tutorial
|Lecture:||Dr. rer. nat. Ernst Baeck|
|Tutorial:||Dr. rer. nat. Ernst Baeck|
|Mode of teaching||Lecture and tutorial|
|Not provided in summer semester 2020|
At the conclusion of this course students should be able to
- create a 2 dimensional design drawing using AutoCAD
- create a 3 dimensional drawing starting from a twodimensional one
- develop a VBA extension for AutoCAD to automate drawing tasks
- develop an interface to other applications using EXCEL sheet formats
- develop an interface to other applications using MDB database formats
- Modeling using 2 dimensional CAD objects
- Modeling using 3 dimensional CAD objects
- Combining 3 dimensional CAD objects using boolean operators
- Basic knowledge in VBA programming
- Creating an EXCEL input file with drawing parameters from a preprocessor application using EXCEL's type library.
- Creating an ACCESS database using SQL language and storing informations for automated drawings. The MDB database then should be the input for an automated drawing using the ACE-DAO interface.
- Implementation of a new AutoCAD command, to draw the system described in the previously created EXCEL sheet in an automated kind.
- Implementation of a new AutoCAD command, to create the 3 dimensional version of the above mentioned 2 dimensional drawing.
|Computer language:||VBA, SQL|
|Platform:||AutoCAD, ACCESS (ACE),
EXCEL, COM Typelibraries