RefDex is a simulation tool for calculating the complex refractive index (n + ik) of thin films. Our motivation is to tackle "problem" samples, ones with rough surfaces, inhomogineities, etc.
- Uses reflection/transmission or ellipsometry measurements.
- Simulations via the transfer matrix method
- "Model Free" method, no model for the refractive index is assumed
- Rough surfaces taken into account with scalar scattering theory
- Inhomogeneous layers implemented through novel methods
- More information: RefDex Presentation and RefDex Manual
- P. Manley, G. Yin, M. Schmid “A method for calculating the complex refractive index of inhomogeneous thin films” Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 47(20), 205301 (2014)
- G. Yin, P. Manley, M. Schmid “Influence of substrate and its temperature on the optical constants of CuIn1-xGaxSe2 thin films” Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 47(13), 135101 (2014)
- G. Yin, C. Merschjann, M. Schmid “The effect of surface roughness on the determination of optical constants of CuInSe and CuGaSe thin films” Journal of Applied Physics 113, 213510 (2013)
Click here for download