Language courses and registration
IOS language intensive courses in the semester break of the summer term 2021
Registration for language courses starts 12.07.2021 (8 a.m.) in the LSF. Our course overview can also be found there.
Attention: For general language courses in German, English, French, Italian and Spanish it is obligatory to take a placement test before regestering.
Placement test German as a foreign language (not for ISE-students) > available July, 05th 2021
Placement test English (not for ISE-students) > available July, 05th 2021
Placement test French > available July, 05th 2021
Placement test Italian > available July, 05th 2021
Placement test Spanish > available July, 05th 2021
Unfortunately, the placement tests for ISE students in B.sc. programmes for German and English cannot take place this semester, due to COVID-19.
Please do not use mobile devices!
Employees of the University Duisburg-Essen and UAMR students unfortunately cannot take the online placement test. If you are interested in attending a language course (within the semester break), please contact: email@example.com.
IOS language courses in the winter term 21/22
IOS language classes take place in synchronous e-teaching formats (video conferences/moodle).
- technical requirements: stable internet connection, webcam and microphone
- for technical support you can contact the ZIM: https://www.uni-due.de/zim/studium.php
Regular attendance is mandatory in IOS language classes - even in distant teaching formats!
- 85% of the class must be completed in online presence (moodle/videoconferences).
- You may not miss more than 4x90 minutes (for 4 SWS) or 2x90 minutes (for 2 SWS).
All final exams must be attended in person (presumably at Campus Essen).
- regular attendance (see above) = admission to final examinations (in presence)
- no additional registration for exams required
Registration for IOS language classes via LSF: 23 Sept 2021 to 07 Oct 2021 (8 am)
- Attention: limited class sizes > 15 participants per class!
- Only register to if you can and want to meet all the requirements!!!
Online placement tests are mandatory for the following language classes:
- German, English, French, Italian, Spanish
- You have to take the test before you register ‐ even if you are a beginner!
- The links to the placement tests will be activated from 20 Sept 2021 on:
- Einstufungstest Deutsch - Einstufungstest Englisch - Einstufungstest Französisch - Einstufungstest Italienisch - Einstufungstest Spanisch
- Test results (the advised CEFR level to choose) are displayed in Moodle.
- Only register for language classes that match your test result!