Language courses and registration
IOS language courses in the winter term 20/21
IOS language classes take place in synchronous e-teaching formats (video conferences/moodle).
- technical requirements: stable internet connection, webcam and microphone
- for technical support you can contact the ZIM: https://www.uni-due.de/zim/studium.php
Regular attendance is mandatory in IOS language classes - even in distant teaching formats!
- 85% of the class must be completed in online presence (moodle/videoconferences).
- You may not miss more than 4x90 minutes (for 4 SWS) or 2x90 minutes (for 2 SWS).
All final exams must be attended in person (presumably at Campus Essen).
- regular attendance (see above) = admission to final examinations (in presence)
- no additional registration for exams required
Registration for IOS language classes via LSF: 20 Oct 2020 to 29 Oct 2020 (8 am)
- Attention: limited class sizes > 15 participants per class!
- Only register to if you can and want to meet all the requirements!!!
Online placement tests are mandatory for the following language classes:
- German, English, French, Italian, Spanish
- You have to take the test before you register ‐ even if you are a beginner!
- The links to the placement tests will be activated from 12 Oct 2020 on:
- Placement test German - Placement test English - Placement test French
Placement test Italian - Placement test Spanish
- Test results (the advised CEFR level to choose) are displayed in Moodle.
- Only register for language classes that match your test result!
Please do not use mobile devices!
Employees of the University Duisburg-Essen and UAMR students unfortunately cannot take the online placement test. If you are interested in attending a language course (within the semester break), please contact: email@example.com.
Summer term 2020 language courses
Registration for language courses starts xx, xx 2020 (8 a.m.) in the LSF. Our course overview can also be found there.
Attention: For general language courses in German, English, French, Italian and Spanish it is obligatory to take a placement test before regestering.
Placement test German as a foreign language (not for ISE-students) > available March, 17th 2020
Placement test English (not for ISE-students) > available March, 17th 2020
Placement test French > available March, 17th 2020
Placement test Italian > available March, 17th 2020
Placement test Spanish > available March, 17th 2020
Unfortunately, the placement tests for ISE students in B.sc. programmes for German and English cannot take place this semester, due to COVID-19.