UMESciA Application for PostDocs
Application is open for 9 Postdoc positions for Medical Scientists from any natural science and life science areas, including data science and bioinformatics. UMESciA scientific activities are accompanied by a structured qualification program and awarded with a certificate at the end of the 2 year program. A selected number of candidates may enter into a second two-year funding phase, based on scientific merit and achievements. Parallel academic qualification towards habilitation is supported by UMESciA. W2-Professorship positions are planned to be created for excellent candidates after completion of the full 4 year program.
These positions are ideal for candidates, who have already published in high-ranking journals and now wish to continue their career in one of the leading cancer centers in Germany. You will be embedded into a vibrant network of translational researchers with active interconnection to the local German Cancer Consortium and Clinician Scientist Programs.
- Structured qualification program offering scientific qualifications as well as leadership competencies
- Networking and mentoring activities
- Training and research program connecting UMESciA with Clinician Scientist programs by tandem research units
- Guidance for scientific career, networking and grant writing
- Competences and knowledge useful for translational research and career development in the academic or biotech/pharma sector
- A program certificate upon successful completion
- Supporting the compatibility of work and family
- Completed PhD Thesis and a completed academic degree in natural sciences or life sciences (Master/Diploma)
- Proven interest in translational oncologic research
- High motivation and commitment
- Interest in the development of an academic research career
- Previous publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Excellent English skills
Applications must include:
- Copies of all university degrees including grades,
- Copies of the two best publications (published or accepted)
- Application form
Interested candidates should send the application documents together with the copies of all university degrees in one single pdf file to the tender number 1178 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The interviews will be held in a two-step process with lectures and individual interviews in late summer 2022 online or in Essen.