Non-Equilibrium Dynamics of Condensed Matter
Welcome to the Summer School 2017
We are pleased to announce the CRC 1242 Summer School, which will take place from August 7-11, 2017, in St. Peter-Ording, Germany. The school is intended for graduate students, PhD students and postdocs in condensed matter physics and chemistry with emphasis on non-equilibrium processes.
External stimuli such as - but not necessarily limited to - pulsed light absorption or particle impact create non-equilibrium situations in condensed matter systems. Although physicists have learned a lot from studying equilibrium situations and state-to-state transitions, there is a quest to fully understand the time evolution of a system put into non-equlibrium. The advent of modern time-resolving spectroscopies allows resolving the dynamics with femtosecond temporal and nanometer length resolution.
This school aims at introducing beginning and advanced graduate students to the modern concepts in the field and to state-of-the-art results.
Program and Registration
A detailed program will be announced soon; you can find the flyer here.
Registration is required. Because the number of participants is limited to 70, interested students are requested to apply with a supporting letter from their supervisors before June 18, 2017. You can register here. Accepted applicants will be informed by July 1 via email.
- Michael Bauer (University of Kiel)
- Benjamin Dietzek (University of Jena)
"Time resolved non-linear molecular spectroscopy"
- Claudia Draxl (Humboldt University of Berlin)
"Many-body description of electronic excitations: GW and BSE"
- Luke Fleet (Nature Physics – Nature Research)
"Inside Nature-branded journals"
- Wolfgang Hansen (University of Hamburg)
"Fabrication and investigation of epitaxial quantum dots and quantum-dot
- Sascha Kandratsenka (Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry)
"Non-adiabatic gas-surface interactions"
- Alfred Leitenstorfer (University of Konstanz)
"Quantum dynamics in spatio-temporally confined systems"
- Aaron Lindenberg (Stanford University)
"Non-equilibrium structural dynamics"
- Axel Lorke (University of Duisburg-Essen)
"Electrons in quantum dots"
- Ermin Malic (Chalmers University of Technology)
"Density matrix theory: Ultrafast carrier dynamics in atomically thin 2D materials"
- Sangeeta Sharma (Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics)
- Tonya Vitova (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)
- Dietrich Wolf (University of Duisburg-Essen)
"Non-equilibrium dynamics: An overview from a theorist's perspective"
Universities and research facilities: € 100 (incl. 19% VAT)
The CRC 1242 offers childcare to all summer school participants. If you'd like to make use of this offer, please contact Dr. Nora Dörmann (+49 203/379-1545, email@example.com).
Dr. Nora Dörmann
Prof. Dr. Eckart Hasselbrink
Prof. Dr. Rossitza Pentcheva
PD Dr. Klaus Sokolowski-Tinten
25826 St. Peter-Ording
For questions questions or for further information, please contact Nora Dörmann
(+49 203/379-1545, firstname.lastname@example.org).