Texts and Resources
for finding texts / linguistic material for analysis!
- Early Modern English Books online (zu verlinken mit der UB, unter databases/Anglistik)
- Eighteenth Century Texts (zu verlinken mit der UB, unter databases/Geschichte)
- Oxford Text Archive: a collection of reliable electronic literary and linguistic resources
- Project Gutenberg: offers a large amount of free eBooks in many different languages to download.
- Early Modern Literary Studies – Electronic Texts: provides a gathering of links to select electronic texts of fifteenth, sixteenth, and seventeenth century materials which are on the Internet
- The Bible Gateway: Many different Bible translations, both in English and other languages.
- The Hansard, UK: transcriptions of the procedings in both houses of the British Parliament.
- The Hansard, Canada
- The Hansard, Australia
- Old Bailey Proceedings: a fully searchable edition of the largest body of texts detailing the lives of non-elite people ever published, containing 197,745 criminal trials held at London's central criminal court from 1764 to 1913.
- The Middle English Collection, University of Virginia: a large amount of Middle English texts
- Corpus of Middle English Prose and Verse, University of Michigan
- From Stage to Page: collection of medieval and Renaissance drama